Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Put-in-Bay Trip and ramps on the mainland

Dumped the pontoon, and picked up a 22/72 SeaRaider Hardtop. So, boat wise I'm ready for the Great Lakes.

We're planning to trailer the rig up to the Catawba area, and ferry the van out to the Bay via Miller Ferry Catawba Dock. I want to ramp the boat in and run it out to the island, instead of ferrying it out.

Here's my questions, and I'd appreciate the advice.
    a. What ramps in the Catawab area are available, where I can ramp in the rig, and then drop the trailer and park it there till we end the trip. Is there any ramp/park area that lets you leave a trailer there for about a week, and from a security standpoint, is it safe to leave a trailer unattended that long? (22 foot Ezloader dual axle)

b. Would I be better off after ramping in the boat, to have the folks just take the trailer with them as they ferry the van out to the Island?

Thanks in advance.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Put-in-Bay Trip and ramps on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Dumped the pontoon, and picked up a 22/72 SeaRaider Hardtop. So, boat wise I'm ready for the Great Lakes.

We're planning to trailer the rig up to the Catawba area, and ferry the van out to the Bay via Miller Ferry Catawba Dock. I want to ramp the boat in and run it out to the island, instead of ferrying it out.

Here's my questions, and I'd appreciate the advice.
    a. What ramps in the Catawab area are available, where I can ramp in the rig, and then drop the trailer and park it there till we end the trip. Is there any ramp/park area that lets you leave a trailer there for about a week, and from a security standpoint, is it safe to leave a trailer unattended that long? (22 foot Ezloader dual axle)

b. Would I be better off after ramping in the boat, to have the folks just take the trailer with them as they ferry the van out to the Island?

Thanks in advance.

HB
    Hey Bob try this link www.ohiogamefishing.com and click on the main index.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EZGO View Post
    Hey Bob try this link www.ohiogamefishing.com and click on the main index.
    Thank-ya, got that far, now what? Lost....can ya narrow it down?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the bay your asking about erie? I have never been that far north but maybe the ohio guys on there could help you out, if it is erie they have a forum for lake erie fishing or one of the other forums for the area you might need. I know Mean Marone is a member maybe he could post something for ya if you didnt want to join that sight, Sorry I not that much help but I was thinking that site may get you a little more info. If you ever read his threads on that site or this one he always seems like a nice guy.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

EZ,

Good ides! Thanks will do. Yep, its Lake Erie. Just Google Put in Bay, then back the map out some, so see the northern Ohio coast line. It's kinda North- North West Ohio.