Search Fishin.com

Thread: Glo Bugs...

Post Thanks / Like

Glo Bugs...

It's getting to that time of year when I start my mass glo bug production. This is in preparation for the spawn at the CR, which unfortunately has practically reduced to nothing over the past few years . But....none the less...I still make them just in case. In years past, the trout were so thick that you could almost walk across them! I'm talking fish 20"+ everywhere! Those were the days.........back to the present...I have always preferred a yellow glo bug for browns, and an apricot glo bug for bows. After having gone through so many of the traditional glo bug patterns due to the sheer number of fish I was catching there...I switched over to hot glue gun eggs. Their duribility is great, and they get down quick...unlike the yarn eggs. If you all haven't tried the glue gun eggs, give them a try....I really like them.....and they are so quick to make, just dab on the glue and let dry....well, my glue gun has heated up....OFF I GO!!!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glo Bugs...

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    It's getting to that time of year when I start my mass glo bug production. This is in preparation for the spawn at the CR, which unfortunately has practically reduced to nothing over the past few years . But....none the less...I still make them just in case. In years past, the trout were so thick that you could almost walk across them! I'm talking fish 20"+ everywhere! Those were the days.........back to the present...I have always preferred a yellow glo bug for browns, and an apricot glo bug for bows. After having gone through so many of the traditional glo bug patterns due to the sheer number of fish I was catching there...I switched over to hot glue gun eggs. Their duribility is great, and they get down quick...unlike the yarn eggs. If you all haven't tried the glue gun eggs, give them a try....I really like them.....and they are so quick to make, just dab on the glue and let dry....well, my glue gun has heated up....OFF I GO!!!

-Rich
    Cool ! Bring some of them with you when You get down this way ! Would like to see them !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Cool ! Bring some of them with you when You get down this way ! Would like to see them !
    Will do Rock....I'll give ya a dozen for one hedgehog, lol!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Will do Rock....I'll give ya a dozen for one hedgehog, lol!

-Rich
    HH Is NO CHARGE ! I have several new ones in mind whenever I get time to Tie them up !

Post Thanks / Like

-Rich
    If we would have known you were going to fish bait, we wouldn't have invited you to this board!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    If we would have known you were going to fish bait, we wouldn't have invited you to this board!
    LOL...now those are some serious aligations Tim..... Come October, you'll be dying for some of my "bait", lol!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...now those are some serious aligations Tim..... Come October, you'll be dying for some of my "bait", lol!

-Rich

I read that from a John Gierach book once, AK Best daid it to Gierach because nobody was catching anything all day and Gierach tied on a streamer and caught the only fish of the day!

Post Thanks / Like

I use globugs all year long; in fact I plan to use some this weekend on the Cumberland! I might even squirt some powerbait on them... Hhahah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyfish View Post
    I use globugs all year long; in fact I plan to use some this weekend on the Cumberland! I might even squirt some powerbait on them... Hhahah
    I do as well...they make a great attractor for your second nymph, and trout will hit them year round. They just go nuts on them when the real eggs are floating around! love it!

-Rich