Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Always take your fly rod

Arg, I had to travel to Nashville for two days and stay out in Brentwood. Well there is a little pond beside the hotel I always stay at and I've always said "I should bring my fly rod one time and see if there are fish in there." I've been saying that for three years now.

Anyways, i got up early this morning to go get my free coffee and thought I'd go take a look. (still didn't bring fly rod) As I walked toward the water I could see surface activity. When I got closer I saw there were about a dozen 5 pound carp sucking the surface! Arg!!!

Guess I'll bring it next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always take your fly rod

LOL! Perhaps nothing funner than big carp on the FR! I have a feeling you will be bringing your fly rod next trip! lol

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always take your fly rod

Well.....I had a similar thing happen to me the other day. Took the wife and kid out to Nolin Lake to do some waverunning, and for some reason...completely forgot to bring a FR. Well....a storm started to roll in on us while we were there....and all of a sudden, the little bay we were in CAME TO LIFE!!! It was the largest, longest jump I have ever witnessed up there. Fish were shooting out of the water everywhere, and all I could do is sit there with my mouth open and kick my butt for not bringing a rod. I will not let that happen again!

-Rich