Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

lexington reservior on richmond road

i just recently watched a fishing show called lost lakes on the wfn channel and seen where they were fishin here in lexington on the reservior on richmond road they didnt give the name that was all they said i was wondering if anybody knows anything about this place or if its open to the public and boats any info would be great

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lexington reservior on richmond road

One side of Richmond Road is a Private club and the other side is Jacobson park.

Post Thanks / Like

thats about a mile from my house i can actually see the backside of the private fishing club which is a joke (800 dollars a year and 10 year waiting list) but with that aside i have tried out a Jacobson a few times and never had any luck other than loosing lures. most people you see fishing out there are catching a lot of small bluegill and keeping them- your guess is as good as mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon__ View Post
    thats about a mile from my house i can actually see the backside of the private fishing club which is a joke (800 dollars a year and 10 year waiting list) but with that aside i have tried out a Jacobson a few times and never had any luck other than loosing lures. most people you see fishing out there are catching a lot of small bluegill and keeping them- your guess is as good as mine.
    Brandon....it's less than $200 a year. LOL $800 would be kinda steep! The average waiting is 6 years and your membership fees pay for the maintenance of the facility and the stocking of fish. It's really a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some GREAT days out of the park side. One day caught 24, all would have kept and several were 3 to 4 Lbs. Some had the black spots on em like Ky lake bass. Problem with the park side is there are soooooo many shad in there the bass get fat and happy and all the panfish do not grow that big. Never caught a bluegill over 8 inches out of there or a crappie over 15 inches. Have seen spawning bass the the golf course pond that would have pushed 8 prob. How does a man get on the waiting list for the other side of the road?? I knew a guy who used to play AA ball for the Braves who drifted for cats there once and said he SLAYED em.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    I have had some GREAT days out of the park side. One day caught 24, all would have kept and several were 3 to 4 Lbs. Some had the black spots on em like Ky lake bass. Problem with the park side is there are soooooo many shad in there the bass get fat and happy and all the panfish do not grow that big. Never caught a bluegill over 8 inches out of there or a crappie over 15 inches. Have seen spawning bass the the golf course pond that would have pushed 8 prob. How does a man get on the waiting list for the other side of the road?? I knew a guy who used to play AA ball for the Braves who drifted for cats there once and said he SLAYED em.

Shawn
    Waiting list is about 6 years, annual dues $150. First year dues also include a one time fee of $500. Fish in the public park (Jacobson Park) often migrate from the private lake (Lake Ellerslie) through a large culvert under Richmond Road. Bass fishing in Lake Ellerslie is strictly catch & release.

Post Thanks / Like

Shawn,
    You have to be sponsored by two members and then just wait your turn for the phone call. You have to live in Fayette County as well to get in.

Post Thanks / Like

so your able to put a boat in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing with a motor is allowed in the Jacobson resevoir. Canoes yes and the park used to rent paddle boats, I don't know if they still rent them or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we used to use our trolling motor over there....not sure if thats still allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I know we used to use our trolling motor over there....not sure if thats still allowed.
    Only electric motors are permitted in Jacobson. Ellerslie permits up to a 5hp gas engine and is a no wake lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Im glad to hear that its not that much. id love to become a member, i have fished out there when i was younger as my grandfather was a member but i thought it was a lot more expensive. at this point there is only one road and a fence between me and it now =)