Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Gel-coat repair???

Does anyone know who could give me a good deal on repairing the gel-coat on my Nitro Bay boat. All the spots that need to be touched up are solid white. I live in NKY and i don't mind driving to Louisville or Lexington or even around Cumberland or Dale. I have some scratches and chips on one side and the bow where it makes contact with the trailer. Thanks let me know. You can email me at tglass@gbp.com or just respond here with a number. Thanks again!

Tom

onemorecast56 Guest

Re: Gel-coat repair???

I can do it,,have done a few repairs for people,,,but really if you want to try it,,,Basspro has a Gel coat kit that works pretty good,,,not that hard,,and white is the easiest to do,,just add the white pigment put the hardener in it and spread it in the holes,smooth it out and put the plastic flim on it to smooth it out,,or lightly sand it down and buff it out..will look great,,
    Last edited by onemorecast56; 08-11-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add on

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, I had a body shop in here in E'town shoot a whole new clear coat on a badly oxidized 19 ft boat. They did the whole top cap, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. Can't remember the exact price, but it was in the $500 neighborhood. They did all the sanding, prep, etc. All I did was drop the boat off and pick it up when done. In fear of violating advertising rules on the board, I won't broadcast the name. Shoot me a PM if you want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

I may try it myself but if I can't get it to look right for me I may contact you Doug. I would rather not go all the way to e-town but thanks for the advice. My uncle owns a body shop but i have not asked him because he is so busy with his own projects.