Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday tourney broad ripple labor day!

Monday September 6th from 7 a.m. until 12 p.m.

$35.00 per boat with $5.00 going towards the big bass pot.

5 fish limit. 12 inch minimum size. NO DEAD FISH WILL BE WEIGHED IN. Each boat is to only have a 5 fish limit in the boat once the boat is trailered and in the parking lot, no culling allowed at ramp after boat is trailered. Just bring me 5 and all will be well, if you have more than that you will be penlized the weight of your biggest fish, period.

This is for fun so lets keep it that way, look forward to seeing some of you there.

http://indianasmallmouth.com/phpBB2/...hp?f=17&t=4728

Posted for McDermott

Thanks, AJ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday tourney broad ripple labor day!

Just curious....not judging....why the no dead fish rule??? If a team has a fish die in the livewell....whether or not its weighed-in....its still dead. The one thing i thought of is that it will prompt guys to take better care of their fish. I bet the river is really low up there....how far can you run upriver???

Post Thanks / Like

lroberts...I'll have to ask Josh how far up the river you can run. I've only been on a standard bass boat up to 38th street. The guys w/ jets can get back a little farther.

As far as the Dead fish rule...Every tourney that the Indiana Smallmouth crew holds, they use this as a rule.

If you don't mind, I'll copy your paste over there and present it for you.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

"The reason for not allowing dead fish to be weighed in is simple really, it makes us really be sure that we are doing everything possible during the tournament to keep our fish as healthy as we can. I have seen to many weigh-ins with dead fish during my time and its very avoidable most times. I know fish will be hooked deep and thats part of it, but fish dying from simply not running your livewells at all times is just a shame. There are good products out there to add to your livewells for fish care and most of todays boats have excellent livewells that are fully capable of keeping fish healthy for a mere 5 to 8 hours. I have considered making it just a penalty of a 1/2 pound but decided against it, I just hate seeing a nice bag of fish with 2 or 3 dead ones in it when there is no reason for it.

Just last weekend during my club tourney at Morse I had one die on me that I caught earlier in the day. I was really concerned that I had a problem with my livewell until I looked in the fishes gullet and discovered a Tru-Turn that had the fishes throat pretty much closed. My club allows dead fish with a 1/4 pound penalty but it still made me feel bad even though it wasnt my hook in its gullet. That stuff happens to all of us at some point in time, but you will never see a fish die in my livewell due to improper care." - Josh McDermott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....that seems to be good reasoning! I have never had one die in the livewell....but I guess the effort and shape of your livewell system has a lot to do with that! Good luck to all!