Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: line question

Post Thanks / Like

line question

does anyone use viscious floro? looking at it and seagar. what is the best florocarbon for the price?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: line question

I use viscious Floro........I like it..........I also use just about every other brand also though...and I even still have some vanish that I use.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

The Vicious is very stiff, but all fluorocarbon lines are that are priced in the same range are. To get better line manageability you may need to fork out a little more cash for a more quality, supple line.

I believe you get what you pay for, but I am impressed with the Seaguar Red Label for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    The Vicious is very stiff, but all fluorocarbon lines are that are priced in the same range are. To get better line manageability you may need to fork out a little more cash for a more quality, supple line.

I believe you get what you pay for, but I am impressed with the Seaguar Red Label for the price.
    x2 and to get more bang for your buck you need to stretch the line every couple weeks. Tie it to a swivel and walk out about 30-40 yards and pull tightly then reel back on - you'll be amazed at how this takes the memory down quite a bit

Post Thanks / Like

i have used just about all fluro lines. in my opinion P-Line HALO is the best. it has a faster sink rate than other fluro lines, so you dont have to wait for it to get to the bottom as long when fishing plastics. its worth the extra few bucks. but, i have had failures out of the normal pline fluro. anyone else use HALO?

Post Thanks / Like

Vicious floro is the toughest on the market. It handles hard hookset without breaking better than any other floro I've tried and I've tried about all of them. It is a little stiff but after a few casts the memory straightens right out. Also some line conditioner helps.

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is go with Seguar Ivnisx. You will not be disappointed. It's very strong yet manageable. Put it this way, I don't use my spinning rods very often and don't respool them very often but when I pick them up to use them I have very little line memory. If you buy bulk 1000 and 3000 yard spools you'll save a little money.

However, If you have extra money to spare go with Sunline Shooter Fluro. That is awesome stuff but very pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: line question

For the money, Bass Pro Shops XPS Fluoro is hard to beat. I put it to the test for the first time in Mexico (Lake El Salto) back in June. I pulled some big bass out of some nasty stuff and never got broke off. BPS XPS gets an A+ in my book! It's real tough, ties well and casts well...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: line question

I have tried several including Berkley Vanish and Seagar. I swear by Berkley Super Strong Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Professional Grade - in the Gold Box. It is more expensive but a Dicks I think you may still be able to a $5.00 rebate. It comes off the reel very smoothly and does not bird nest and tangle as often as other brands I have used. And it is as strong as any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smljaw View Post
    For the money, Bass Pro Shops XPS Fluoro is hard to beat. I put it to the test for the first time in Mexico (Lake El Salto) back in June. I pulled some big bass out of some nasty stuff and never got broke off. BPS XPS gets an A+ in my book! It's real tough, ties well and casts well...
    X2...i have tried most of the others and BPS flouro keeps me coming back...especially at the price. My latest test was with Vicious...I liked it until about the 5th trip out..way to stiff and too much memory....line conditioner did help with that though.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me - stretch the line... it really works, it takes less time than re-spooling, it eliminates the memory for a little while. I first started doing it with the fluro on my spinning reel to eliminate twists and later I found out it works on my bait casters too. I have reduced my line consumption by half this year (And I go through allot of line)

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the process of switching exclusively to Vicious ... have used 12, 15, and 17 lb. I will admit it is fairly stiff stuff but is a great line for the money.