Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

G Loomis No more over counter replacements!!

I had my son to drop off a G Loomis rod at Somerset. They told him they would have
    to send it to the factory for inspection& replacement. Looks like G Loomis is going the way of All Star and other top end rods. I have 12 G Loomis rods , was going to get a NRX
    for shakey head but wan't now.
    I allways used over the counter replacement rods,that was why I pay the
    extra bucks. Who now is selling a quality rod with over the counter replacement?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G Loomis No more over counter replacements!!

You must have a good store, I've always had to send my rods back to loomis

Post Thanks / Like

After 12 rods shouldn't it be quick?

Post Thanks / Like

Good news bad news situation, I think most high end rods now require a mail in repair option at cost to the customer. The only place I know of that will comp you a new rod is BPS. Good new, buy a BPS rod, and you can get a new one, no questions asked, bad news, its a BPS rod. I have owned a few, some are better than others, and some are not worth having. But at the price of a top of the line rod, I don't think I should have to pay for warranty. BPS rods if you spend a little more, can suffice, and I have never had a problem taking one back to the store, to get another one in its place.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time you got an over the counter replacement? I never have. It's always been sent it back to loomis with a fee for me.
    Looks like you had it pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

BPS, will only warrant your rod's for so long. I had a 7' 6" bionic blade flipping stick and the screw that fastens your reel down at the real seat stripped out and would not tighten. I took it to the Bass Pro in Nashville without a receipt and wanted only to replace it with another one. They checked some number on the rod and then told me it was no longer warrantied. I spoke to management and they told me the same thing. I got really ticked at em, told them they could just keep the rod, it wasn't doing me any good broken! Don't plan on buying another Bass Pro Rod!

Post Thanks / Like

Try being a fly fisher.. especially before all the cheap rods came out and we were having to pay $500-700 a rod and unless you were buddies with a shop then yes you would always have to send it in. Some companies would want to see the break and if it was clearly broken in a car window or whatever then you would have to pay a small fee since it was your fault and breaks like that were the most common.

btw~ I do websites for a living and have done several rod/reel companies (such as ross) and I know how much these rods cost to make and it's sickening.. for ex: on a fly rod the most expensive part of it is the tube case which costs around $11.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a few years and Shimanio will not do over the counter either. I believe Shimanio owns Loomis. That is why they are building a nice rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: G Loomis No more over counter replacements!!

Well I guess that explains that . If Shimano owns G Loomis,of coarse they want one to be the greatest rod.So keep the rod replacement quickest & easiest! All Star had a great
    titanium rod, I cant find listed anymore. Maybe Castaway RODS offer in store replacement
    on their titanium rods! Oh by the way fishing Report on Cedar Creek Fri. 5 fish caught
    from 8:30 till 11.00. 1 18 in 1 16 in 1-13.5 2 12in. All on deep structure 15-25 ft.
    Good Night!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Wait a few years and Shimanio will not do over the counter either. I believe Shimanio owns Loomis. That is why they are building a nice rod.
    Now when g loomis was g loomis they made a nice rod, at least a nice fly rod and when they were sold I never got another one that was anywhere near as good but apparently the bass rods are good now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the expediter option when replacing my Loomis rods. They will replace it no questions asked for $50.00. They send you a new rod in prepaid return shipping tube. It has always been my fault when one of my loomis rods broke, never bacause of the workmanship. If you'd had over the counter replacement, you have been very lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin bruce View Post
    I have always used the expediter option when replacing my Loomis rods. They will replace it no questions asked for $50.00. They send you a new rod in prepaid return shipping tube. It has always been my fault when one of my loomis rods broke, never bacause of the workmanship. If you'd had over the counter replacement, you have been very lucky.
    Ditto.

I've got 2 in the garage with broken tips (guest user error)- a surf casting rod and a brownback. I can't find a rod tube long enough for the stubbed surf rod so an over-the-counter option sure would be swell.