Search Fishin.com

Thread: helms landing

Post Thanks / Like

helms landing

Where is it? What kind? how much parking? Since I moved west of the river, that would be the closest one to me.I was there about 12 yrs ago, but now will be coming in on ky55 thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: helms landing

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Where is it? What kind? how much parking? Since I moved west of the river, that would be the closest one to me.I was there about 12 yrs ago, but now will be coming in on ky55 thanks in advance
    Helms is about 5 river mies below dam. Creolsburg area. 55s from columbia to 379 turn right on 379. Small store on left.Looks like they opened store back up by the way. 379 to stop sign at 1058. Left on 1058 til school on right side of road. Turn right past school. Not sure of that road number. I think theres a kwfd sign there not sure. Down curvey hill at bottom sharpe curve to right turn left at curve small tight road. Pretty sure theres a kwfd sign at curve. Follow road to river. Gravel road to ramp concrete ramp to water depending on river level. Room to turn around. If your coming 55n from 127 turn left on 1058 school on left turn left berore school. Tat ought to get you there I'm going off memory as I was there today. No launch fee guess you call it an unimproved ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: helms landing

Thanks a lot,Iused to fish burkesville quite a bit but the water conditions changed there, shallow and warm. Kendal isn't that far, but with out a 4x4 dont want to take a chance launching there.