Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

minn kota/remote foot control: Info

old school here, just got a new to outfit (to me), which came with a like new Minn Kota, trolling mt. pontoon style trolling motor. Came with a foot pad ele. no cable, I can tell already its not for me, If anyone knows of another option on the control pad, Id like to hear it, IM sure I'll be shopping for a cable foot controlled unit soon, just in case there is an option. any sites have autopilot, info, i assume an autopilot unit is just that not no cabels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: minn kota/remote foot control: Info

auto-pilot is the way to go, I dont even hook up foot control anymore. The age of your minn kota will tell you what model auto-pilot you need. i shopped around alot and did alot of research, ended up getting mine on Ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

If that motor is a power drive model, you may be able to add the copilot option and/or the autopilot option. The copilot is a wireless transmitter that wears like a watch and controlls the motor. Autopilot is an electronic compass to help maintain heading an perform minor steering corrections automaticly.

I have the Ipilot option on my minn kota terrova. This is a wireless control with GPS that tracks steering. It can virtually steer itself over a 2 mile track.

once you use one of these motors you will never even consider a cable steer again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    If that motor is a power drive model, you may be able to add the copilot option and/or the autopilot option. The copilot is a wireless transmitter that wears like a watch and controlls the motor. Autopilot is an electronic compass to help maintain heading an perform minor steering corrections automaticly.

I have the Ipilot option on my minn kota terrova. This is a wireless control with GPS that tracks steering. It can virtually steer itself over a 2 mile track.

once you use one of these motors you will never even consider a cable steer again.
    The MK PowerDrive is compatible with the Co-Pilot wireless handheld remote, or the I-Pilot GPS Control (highly recommend BTW), but cannot "add on" the Auto Pilot system (included with I-Pilot though). IF you add the I-pilot however, you loose the foot pedal compatability...with the Co-pilot you can still use both.

I have the MK Terrova on our boat, with pre-installed I-Pilot (saved $150) and it's awesome! If you do any type of trolling (or "pulling" for the Crappie guys), it is definitely worth the money. I chose the Terrova though because with it you CAN have both the foot pedal and I-Pilot remote connected.

Let me know if you have any more questions. PM me or drop by BPS when I'm working. Hope this helps!
    -Matt

P.S.- Check out YouTube for MK I-Pilot videos and demos. You'll see what we're talking about as far as the performance goes