Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

TC clinic 8/24/10

Went straight to the first bridge, and found the water was still elevated slightly and had a slight stain to it. As for the stain, I love it....really makes the fish react and keeps them from getting spooked. I worked under the bridge and found fish after fish for nearly two hours. Try all sorts of different rigs to just mix it up some....started off with a #14 bh copper john four feet under a small thingamabobber....then switched to a bh black woolybugger.....then switched to a hopper/dropper (bh pheasant dropper)...all of them caught fish as fast as they could hit the water. The new vest worked like a charm, I was very happy with it. Left the new net at home seeing as they were just planters. Hoping to try the new net out on the CR spawn in a few months. All in all...another wonderful day at the TC.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TC clinic 8/24/10

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Went straight to the first bridge, and found the water was still elevated slightly and had a slight stain to it. As for the stain, I love it....really makes the fish react and keeps them from getting spooked. I worked under the bridge and found fish after fish for nearly two hours. Try all sorts of different rigs to just mix it up some....started off with a #14 bh copper john four feet under a small thingamabobber....then switched to a bh black woolybugger.....then switched to a hopper/dropper (bh pheasant dropper)...all of them caught fish as fast as they could hit the water. The new vest worked like a charm, I was very happy with it. Left the new net at home seeing as they were just planters. Hoping to try the new net out on the CR spawn in a few months. All in all...another wonderful day at the TC.

-Rich
    You the MAN Rich !!! I do not think I could tie that many combinations on in a couple of hours ! Good Job ! and Thanks for the report !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    You the MAN Rich !!! I do not think I could tie that many combinations on in a couple of hours ! Good Job ! and Thanks for the report !
    lol...I know...I just wanted to take advantage of the feeding frenzy to refresh myself on different tactics....its fun to mix it up so you don't get bored with it IMHO. Took the daughter and wife back to TC today, and had both of them FFin! My little girl caught 15 on the FR! I was one proud daddy...LOL!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    lol...I know...I just wanted to take advantage of the feeding frenzy to refresh myself on different tactics....its fun to mix it up so you don't get bored with it IMHO. Took the daughter and wife back to TC today, and had both of them FFin! My little girl caught 15 on the FR! I was one proud daddy...LOL!

-Rich
    Absolutely ! You should be proud ! Now maybe your wife will get hooked also !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Absolutely ! You should be proud ! Now maybe your wife will get hooked also !
    Now lets not get carried away...LOL! Maybe if I could incorporate fly fishing with shopping....hmmmm. Is it just me, or is there nothing hotter than a pretty lady with a FR in hand....

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not just you. The only the comparable is a lady with longbow, or recurve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddrift84 View Post
    Definitely not just you. The only the comparable is a lady with longbow, or recurve.

Deaddrift I like the way you think!