Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Little League World Series

I hope you guys got to watch some of this. It was so nice to see these kids play. They remind me of what the true boys of Summer are. It was great.
    Japan won and those kids are tough and showed great respect to the game and other teams. Its a breath of fresh air to see disciplined kids play sports even under the pressure of 30,000 spectators and millions of tv viewers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little League World Series

I didn't watch any of it but you're right...watching the little league's definitely puts a new spin on baseball. Now back a few years ago, like maybe ten years or so I think, I watched it till the end because Valley Sports was in it and ended up winning the little league world series that year. Valley Sports is right in my own back yard here...it's where I played 40 years ago (whew...many years have passed). After the kids won they came back here and the community put on a parade for them, they were all riding in convertible Corvettes, Mustangs, etc...I reckon those kids are all adults now, and by the looks on their faces during the parade they were numb to to they had done at the time...I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

I watches some of it, and it was great! I saw one of the best plays I've ever seen, at any level, during a game between New Jersey and Hawaii. Men on first and second, batter bunts down the third base line. Third baseman charged the ball, kind of dove onto his knees to get it, spun around on his knees, and fired the ball back to third. The ball and the shortstop got their exactly one step ahead of the baserunner for a force out at third. It was amazing. And they had it mic'ed up to where you could hear the coaches in the dugout and when they visited the mound, and all the coaches, the NJ guy in particular, were just great with those kids. A lot of good positive reinforcement going on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    I watches some of it, and it was great! I saw one of the best plays I've ever seen, at any level, during a game between New Jersey and Hawaii. Men on first and second, batter bunts down the third base line. Third baseman charged the ball, kind of dove onto his knees to get it, spun around on his knees, and fired the ball back to third. The ball and the shortstop got their exactly one step ahead of the baserunner for a force out at third. It was amazing. And they had it mic'ed up to where you could hear the coaches in the dugout and when they visited the mound, and all the coaches, the NJ guy in particular, were just great with those kids. A lot of good positive reinforcement going on there.
    THAT was great..........did you hear what the coach actually said........

He said something like....."you know where that's gonna be??........that's gonna be on SportsCenter".

AND it was.

Later,

Geo