I am having a bad hair day in terms of a decent 12 volt foot controlled trolling motor for our 25' pontoon. When we go out we do a lot of putting around but it is nice to be able to fish a bit too. I had an older Mariner TM that only had 21 lbs thrust and wasn't enough to handle that barge. I replaced it with a used Minn Kota Power Drive which I am not liking in the least. It is 48" which turns out to be too long to mount properly, the foot pedal is weird, and worst of all it is a pain to take up / down.

What I am looking for is something 12 volt (I don't want to deal with 2 TM batteries on the toon), "normal" foot control, something with at least 40 lbs thrust, would be 42" or so rather than 36" (or 48"), and it relatively easy pulling up / putting down. I don't want to sink $500 in this and have been shopping used on ebay and craigslist but honestly don't know much about different models. I have had an OMC trolling motor on my bass boats since the 80s so my TM knowledge on different models is limited. Any ideas out there on a good make/model to smooth out my bad toon hair day?

kc