Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 49 degree morning the FNF season....

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    you guys are crazy...ill take the 30's, you can have the teens
    Launched one morning it was ZERO and negative 8 wind chill, launched another morning and it was 2 degrees and negative 6 wind chill. Love the Tuesdays at Dale Hollow when it is about 30 degrees, sleeting and don't see the sun all day long. Funny how this will keep in ALL the jet skis, water skiers and even the somewhat dedicated fishermen but the rest of us idiots will be on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see here. First weekend of December, Verry cold, A long boat ride in a not so fast boat (HAHA), Fly rod in hand, A magic spot only known to a few people, and a good net man (Elwood). When you add all of this up what do you get. Champions of the Billy Westmorland tournament!!!! I cant wait to repeat everything listed above except for the long boat ride in a SLOW boat. (HAHAHA)This year we will have the ability to go a little faster.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first year I have wanted the warm weather to go away so I can throw the bobber. I had so much fun fishing in 8 degrees last year...CAN"T WAIT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEMALL View Post
    Lets see here. First weekend of December, Verry cold, A long boat ride in a not so fast boat (HAHA), Fly rod in hand, A magic spot only known to a few people, and a good net man (Elwood). When you add all of this up what do you get. Champions of the Billy Westmorland tournament!!!! I cant wait to repeat everything listed above except for the long boat ride in a SLOW boat. (HAHAHA)This year we will have the ability to go a little faster.
    Yes I do believe we will go a little faster this year for I plan on letting you do the paddling instead of me. I will still do the guiding and netting.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are crazy, yall need to move up North, where it really gets cold, and there are tons of smallmouths. Ill take a fall day in the 70's with a slight breeze, baitfish all in the backs of the coves, and the big bass feeding for the winter any day over teen temperatures, bbbrrrr, god I hate cold weather!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    You guys are crazy, yall need to move up North, where it really gets cold, and there are tons of smallmouths. Ill take a fall day in the 70's with a slight breeze, baitfish all in the backs of the coves, and the big bass feeding for the winter any day over teen temperatures, bbbrrrr, god I hate cold weather!!!!
    uh YEAH, feels like we don't have spring or fall anymore or at least the older I get - the best times for me to fish

Post Thanks / Like

im a wimp the older i get, i roll the side curtains down and crank up the heater and watch the alewives do their thing on downrods.....yeah bring on the cold weather i anit skeered! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    Amen to that! I have had enough minus zero days with 5 feet of snow growing up in the northwest....now that is mizzzzzzzzzerable! I need to buy a house in Florida so I can tag along with all the "gray hairs" this winter....I'm sick of the cold!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you are still at it elwood. I really hope to do some fnf this year. I have yet to really get to try it. Take care my friend, hope to see you on the water soon!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know the secret to staying warm while winter fishing at Dale Hollow. It is very simple and all of you can do it. Catch a 5 pound Brownfish within the first half hour of the morning and that one fish will get the blood pumping to the point you are stripping layers of clothing (not to many for we don't want to see ALL of that). Keep bringing in an occasional quality Slot fish until the next 5 pounder comes aboard and then the sun is up and it is warming up and you are good for the rest of the day. Best way I know to keep warm. It really works try it one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    I know the secret to staying warm while winter fishing at Dale Hollow. It is very simple and all of you can do it. Catch a 5 pound Brownfish within the first half hour of the morning and that one fish will get the blood pumping to the point you are stripping layers of clothing (not to many for we don't want to see ALL of that). Keep bringing in an occasional quality Slot fish until the next 5 pounder comes aboard and then the sun is up and it is warming up and you are good for the rest of the day. Best way I know to keep warm. It really works try it one day.
    i like that...you need to show me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Amen to that! I have had enough minus zero days with 5 feet of snow growing up in the northwest....now that is mizzzzzzzzzerable! I need to buy a house in Florida so I can tag along with all the "gray hairs" this winter....I'm sick of the cold!

-Rich
    I agree Rich ! I lived in Michigan as a child. Where we had 2 seasons. August and winter. The cold ***** ! I would rather be FF the flats for redfish or Tarpon in the Gray haired country.

But I just might try the smallmouth this year with a FR ?