Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Florida fishing report...

From today...

Dropped the woman off at work at Babtist Gulf Breeze this AM and decided to kill some time and do a little fishing.

I first hit up the T-pier hoping to get some snapper. No bait.. so off to hot spots to grab just a dozen shrimp as they were an amazing $4.69/dz! Rip off!

Anyhow, my rig consists of a small size 2 circle hook on a carolina rig w/ 20lb fluro. I succeed into feeding pinfish some very expensive shrimp. Im down to my next to last shrimp and it gets mangled, I have maybe an inch of tail meat left and rehook it and cast it out. It sits on the bottom for maybe 20seconds and then....zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz!!! Believe it or not it was a 23 1/2" spanish! The battle was epic and a blast.

Well out of shrimp and still time to kill I head over to the T-pier. I net some LYs and then grab my ultralite bait rod with 6lb line, 80lb fluro leader and size 1 live bait hook. The spanish were on fire. Id just pitch the bait out a few feet in front of me and just watch them crush the bait. In about 2hrs I caught at least 50 fish, smallest being about 12-14" another fish that went 23" and several 18" + fish, all a BLAST on ultra-lite tackle!

The hi-light of the day wasnt watching a 4lb mackeral burn out the line but instead it was watching a solid 20lb+ king smash a school of large mullet against the sea wall!

I havnt been around here in awhile but I figured a few of yall might like to hear abit about fishing down here.

Ive been doing alot of pier fishing lately. Im not doing so hot on the kings and the water temp is still in the low-mid 80's so they arent in too thick yet. Its still hot, highs in the 90s and lows in the mid 70's...got some serious sun today. I cant wait for those first nights to dip down into the 60s!!

I have been tearing up the mangrove snapper though. Fine by me as them snapper eat real GOOD! Check out the picture of me and the ole lady on Thursday 9/2 and her again with my king on 8/25 over at www.navarrepier.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Florida fishing report...

Thanks for the report Jason...Man I got to get down there. Chuck