Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Kind of quiet on here...what's everyone up to?

Just thought I'd start a thread seeing what everyone is up to in the fly fishing department. I know that since the TC stocking, I haven't been at all. I was hoping to get to the CR, but the flood gates re-opened before I could do so. I am just hanging out and bass fishing, waiting for October to get here before I can go FF the CR spawn. Hope this year is better than last. Hope all is well with my FFin Brothers!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kind of quiet on here...what's everyone up to?

I havent actually used my Fly Rod since i tied on a new leader.... been using spinning gear and finesse in streams that i really show be tryin out the fly rod on...

Hopin that with the cooler water temps, bass fishing gets better at Tom Wallace Lake... I bought a few streamers I wanna try out on that lake for Bass... but they will also be stocking it in October with some rainbows... maybe ill hook my first trout then...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the CR has been flowing around 10,000 cfs until recently, so all my fishing has been using spinning gear. LC lake level finally down to target range and CR flow has been turned down to 2000 cfs. Was looking forward to doing some wading on the gravel bars next week, BUT we received ~1.00 inch of rain this week, lake has jumped up 2.00 feet, so I suspect COE will open the valves back up..

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished in two weeks. Been spending much of my spare time in the woods with my longbow. Looking toward FF in Otober in the C & R streams and hopefully the CR. October with some of the best fishing all year, and bow season in full swing. What an embarrassment of riches!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why i do modern gun season and thats it... it takes up less of my fishin time...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    Thats why i do modern gun season and thats it... it takes up less of my fishin time...
    I skip modern gun season all together. The real fun is to load up the longbow and the fly rod in October and do a fish/hunt trip at the gorge. Haven't done it in a couple of years, but have spen four days there camping, bowhunting in the morning, fly fishing East Fork of Indian Creek during the middle of the day and then bowhunting in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree ! The FF board has been pretty slow ! I have been pretty busy at work lately, Along with getting 2 kids started back to college ( OUCH ! ) and 1 back in HS in recent weeks. And trying to get some work done on the cabin. Have not been FF in months ! Did go Striper fishing the other morning. Seen a few stripers floating , and several Walleye !!! SAD SAD SAD !!!

Boated 1 fish !

Post Thanks / Like

I get my car and my recurve back from the mechanic today. My bow and all it's gear have been stuck in the trunk, and with no wheels whats the point of going to get it? I did go get my rod out to get a casting lesson last weekend. Mr. Arnold from NKFF straightened me out within an hour, I was way too used to 5-6 wt, had to man it up and drop my elbow a bit, ok ALOT, what a guy, now to practice and retrain my arms. Where at the gorge are you aloud to hunt? I would love to spend at least a weekend in October stalking around and fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Deaddrift, you are aloowed to hunt on the back side of Indaina Creek and anywhere in the Clifty Wilderness area. If you contact KDFWR they can (or at least used to be able to) send you an area map showing where it is open.

Post Thanks / Like

Politicin' in northwestern TN for Roy Herron 8:30 am to at least 9:00 pm six days a week baby! Hey bro want to do a trip like TimT was telling about? That sounds awesome to me. Close this place down November 3rd and as soon as I have it all packed I'm on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Colonel, if you need a third person to tag along let me know, I might be available!

Post Thanks / Like

You got it Tim, sounds like fun to me.