Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

December accomodations booked now....

all we need is some FNF water. Just booked a cabin for my buddy and I for the entire month of December. Get to come and go as we please, leave out stuff there when we come back home, leave the boat there in a secured location. Perfect setup for a couple of fellas FNF fishing all month long at Dale Hollow. Now bring on a few Alberta Clippers and lets get this water temperature in the FNF range. I am more than ready if you can't already tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: December accomodations booked now....

Just currious. What do you consider FNF water temps? What are some of your favorite jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bmck25 View Post
    Just currious. What do you consider FNF water temps? What are some of your favorite jigs?
    Below 55 degrees and I start fishing the fly. I use Punisher Lures FNF jigs, 1/16th oz Duck Feather 95% of the time either Duck Red Chart, Duck Purple Chart, Duck Blue Chart or Duck Black Chart. The other 5% of the time it is craft hair White Pink Purple, White Pink Blue or Smoke. These are pretty much all the colors I use but Duck Red Chart and Duck Purple Chart are on one of my rods at ALL times. A man could buy these 2 colors alone and fish them all season long and catch plenty of fish. I have never bought into the theory that Duck Feather is only used later in the season when the water gets really cold. It has served me well in the past plus served many on this site that I have taken out to show them the FNF. I don't plan on changing anytime soon. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I am going to throw some more FNF this year on my local waters. I bought a rod to do some, but don't use it enough.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the depth range for fishing FNF?Never tried it but will this winter.Have an 11" light action surf rod for casting plugs,would like to try it with a fixed float instead of a slide.Could fish to 10' without problems.
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    all we need is some FNF water. Just booked a cabin for my buddy and I for the entire month of December. Get to come and go as we please, leave out stuff there when we come back home, leave the boat there in a secured location. Perfect setup for a couple of fellas FNF fishing all month long at Dale Hollow. Now bring on a few Alberta Clippers and lets get this water temperature in the FNF range. I am more than ready if you can't already tell.
    Well, would that be around Horse Creek, or closer to Holly, or maybe State Dock. We know, you run ALL OVER DALE HOLLOW. So, save some gas this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Well, would that be around Horse Creek, or closer to Holly, or maybe State Dock. We know, you run ALL OVER DALE HOLLOW. So, save some gas this year!
    That would be about 10 miles down the Obey River for I plan on abandoning all my spots that I have fished in the past and plan on fishing all new water this year to diversify a bit more. With having a cabin that far down the Obey we will be able to really fish a bunch of new water trying to find that elusive 12 pounder.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to call BS on the plans that you are going to "abandon" all of your spots. Mainly one 200 yard stretch that I think you will fish every time you are down there until you are not able to fish anymore. I do like the idea of always looking for new water but "abandon" I dont think so!!! Man I cant wait to get our the buggy whip.

Post Thanks / Like

hey woody if want cold clippers, I hear there is a great little place just up the road, a little town called Sibera just across the county line in Russia. keep the cold air there!

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut, I to have a cabin rented on dale for the month of december, but I prefer the cooler weather take it's time getting here. man those alberta clippers are rough. you are an ok guy, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. but I think anyone that would ask for an alberta clipper, before summer is over. needs PSYCHIATRIC help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CATCHEMALL View Post
    I have to call BS on the plans that you are going to "abandon" all of your spots. Mainly one 200 yard stretch that I think you will fish every time you are down there until you are not able to fish anymore. I do like the idea of always looking for new water but "abandon" I dont think so!!! Man I cant wait to get our the buggy whip.
    Hey.........you need to show him that little MAGIC spot I showed you with the Jig. When the fly bite of off, that usually gives up a couple decent fish on the jig........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

just out of curiosity,
    I've spent alot of time down there in the winter but, haven't in recent past.
    Thought about it maybe this year,
    Elnut, Waterdog if you don't mind me asking.
    were about on the lake are you guys staying?