Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Patoka Walleye Stories........

I would recommend everyone keep all legal bass you can out of Patoka. Then we won't have to listen to the bass fishermen wanting to hurt all the other angling opportunities at the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panfish View Post
    I would recommend everyone keep all legal bass you can out of Patoka. Then we won't have to listen to the bass fishermen wanting to hurt all the other angling opportunities at the lake.
    What???????

Post Thanks / Like

A man asked about the walleye fishing on this lake and it has turned into a slamming fest between bass anglers and other folks....I just deleted two posts....if I see another post here with name calling or profanity that person is gonna get barred from the site. Either state your views and discuss your differences like grown ups or find someplace else to hang out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave.........Maybe I will just head back to KY Lake a few more times and hammer some bass. I'm actually thinking about taking some whites and yellows home this year. Never done that, but I hear they are pretty good to eat.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

i've caught a few walleyes this year around schooling bass in open water. nothing with any size though. i'm with justin on this one and just go to huntingburg if you want to catch some hybrids...but i havent been catching as many legal size sauggies as in years past...but i dont target them or know how to fish for them very well either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Thanks Dave.........Maybe I will just head back to KY Lake a few more times and hammer some bass. I'm actually thinking about taking some whites and yellows home this year. Never done that, but I hear they are pretty good to eat.

Later,

Geo
    I know where there a bunch of those whites and yellows right now if you come down soon give me a call....they won't leave my bass lures alone...LOL

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    I know where there a bunch of those whites and yellows right now if you come down soon give me a call....they won't leave my bass lures alone...LOL

Dave
    I will definitely do that.

This year I managed to align my calender in such a way that I will be getting a few fall trips to KY.

I'm headed down next weekend, the following weekend, and 10 days from Oct 23 - Oct 30.

Then 2 trips in November, before my Dale trips start. Man, I CANNOT WAIT.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Geo if you decide to keep the whites and yellows i highly recommend that when you fillet them you remove the red blood line that runs down the middle of the fillet. This is especially important if you are keeping the bigger fish. the blood line does not have to be removed but it cuts down on how fishy the fillet tastes. Since their main forage is shad the darker the blood line the more it will taste very fishy and oily. i learned this trick from a striper guide at Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

It's on fire imo geo. Shallow, deep and in between. You have to mess up not to catch fish. We caught them Saturday on spooks, jigs, Carolina, spinners and cranks from 18" of water to 30'. We hit one spot on north Kentucky early for topwater then the rest of the day on Barkley. Smallies are really hitting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    It's on fire imo geo. Shallow, deep and in between. You have to mess up not to catch fish. We caught them Saturday on spooks, jigs, Carolina, spinners and cranks from 18" of water to 30'. We hit one spot on north Kentucky early for topwater then the rest of the day on Barkley. Smallies are really hitting.
    Sounds like you should have been in the HCBC open at Ky Dam on Saturday..only took 17.84 to win a bunch of money and it was full of big gun locals.

Post Thanks / Like

We were. Couldn't make the time. Oil alarm issues. No way we were gonna be back in time so stayed out fishing. Alarm is going off everytime we go over idle speed. Think we were boat 20? Two weekends ago our smallie spot shut down which killed 3 hours total time without a keeper. We were done after that. Dunno why Dave but the smallie bite has been great for me this year. We caught a ton of fish but the size has been missing for me all month. I'm really gonna try and make it down in the spring to fish with you a couple times. I fish the lake 4-5 times a month but I really don't know it that well and would like to get a few more options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    We were. Couldn't make the time. Oil alarm issues. No way we were gonna be back in time so stayed out fishing. Alarm is going off everytime we go over idle speed. Think we were boat 20? Two weekends ago our smallie spot shut down which killed 3 hours total time without a keeper. We were done after that. Dunno why Dave but the smallie bite has been great for me this year. We caught a ton of fish but the size has been missing for me all month. I'm really gonna try and make it down in the spring to fish with you a couple times. I fish the lake 4-5 times a month but I really don't know it that well and would like to get a few more options.
    so how much weight did you have you think?