Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass fishing green river lake

I have a club tournament with the University of Kentucky at green river lake on the 9/19. Can anyone give some advice on what lures seem to be working and what spot or patterns are good.

I have never fished this lake before and would appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass fishing green river lake

Check your p.m.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhthomas333 View Post
    I have a club tournament with the University of Kentucky at green river lake on the 9/19. Can anyone give some advice on what lures seem to be working and what spot or patterns are good.

I have never fished this lake before and would appreciate any advice.
    Are you with the UK organization that Dave Stewart is coaching?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Are you with the UK organization that Dave Stewart is coaching?

That is my team Peter...they are having their first qualifier there this weekend...glad to see one of them is doing research for the tournament..that is what I like to see.

Post Thanks / Like

You've got PM

Post Thanks / Like

I know a young fella that fished for U of L...he's graduated now, but none the less, he introduced me to college fishing and I think it's pretty dag gone cool! On a separate note what I like about this thread right here the most is it looks like the info is being shared through pm's. Good job and good luck to the UK team. I'd rather see U of L go farther but as long as it's a Kentucky school it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if dave stewart says hes the coach then hes coach. Its my first year trying out for the team so i dont know anyone

Post Thanks / Like

I have a company tournament there the following Sunday on the 26th. I don't know what will work, or what is working. I click on this hoping for pointers, but I see it goes to PM. LOL Can I have a PM as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhthomas333 View Post
    Well, if dave stewart says hes the coach then hes coach. Its my first year trying out for the team so i dont know anyone

Good luck getting on the team! I'm a fan of the UK bass fishing team on Facebook. I just wish they had more updates. Is there a web site for the team?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing there Oct 2 and 3rd in the KBF state tournament. Any pm's greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobass View Post
    Good luck getting on the team! I'm a fan of the UK bass fishing team on Facebook. I just wish they had more updates. Is there a web site for the team?
    I took over as head coach for this team basically at the end of last season (season starts with the new school year in the fall). My officers, assistant coaches and I have spent a lot of the summer getting things more organized for the team. Sponsors, a real Constitution with by-laws, recruiting etc.....one of the items on the agenda is a website...we have one in the works now and hope to have it up and running very soon and when it comes online we will get the word out.

We are excited about the upcoming season and hope to improve our standings in the national rankings (which the only way to go at this point is up...lol). Basically, we are in the building process and we have a lot of good folks on the team and I have some good assistant coaches putting in a lot of free time working with the team. We have set this up so that the team officers will be running the show and myself and the assistant coaches are there to lend advice and assistance. I learned something a long time ago: IF you want to be successful, you start with organization, then surround yourself with hard working folks that want to be successful and will work hard to make it so....we are on that road now and I expect we will be improving more and more as we go along.

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking foward to Sunday. I will be there strickly as an observer providing a boat for somebody to fish out of. When I talked to Jordan he was unsure as to how many anglers I would take out. I may have one or possibly two UK members.

Saturday I plan on taking all my fishing gear out of the boat. I need to change some line, service a couple of reels and sort through my tackle. I will just leave everything out of the boat that way it will open up room for whatever the team member brings. Plus I figure if I am not going to fish I might as well not carry around the extra weight in the boat.

Feel free to use my boat as if it was yours. I hope you do not need my mearusing board and I hope we get to use the cull tags, balance beam and weigh in bag. Green has earned the reputation as being a tough lake to catch fish. However in the last 2-3 years it has been fishing better and numbers are more like it was in the late 80s or early 90s. Hopefully everbody will bring something to the scales.