Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake cumberland open fall-winter team tournament trail

With the forecast of low teens this weekend (Sat the 22) and the water temps in the 30 I would suggest cancelling the whole trail and start over the middle of March. Cumberland is slowly getting muddy farther down the lake and it will only get tougher. The weather is too bad to try to have a trail in the winter. I know the fly guys push for it but they say have them that time of year but when it comes tournament time and the temps are inthe 20's and the water is in the 30's it is too dangerous to hold a trail. One slip and a body would be frozen instatantly.. I know this first hand pulled a buddy of mine out of the lake with water temp 38 and air temp 35. just 3 miles from ramp and he was blue before I got him in the truck. Still don't know how I got him in the boat him being about 6' 6" and 260 with 200lbs of wet clothes on Didn't think about it at the time but he still thanks me for saving his life from time to time.
    But as i said before it is your trail do as you wish

Post Thanks / Like

I tell ya jeff i know what you mean dude about a man falling in the water this time of year. If i knew it wouldnt upset anyone i would be glad to cancel the trail and wait til the spring but the only problem is when can you have them because every weekend there is something going on and i hate having two or three tournaments out of one place you know. I have thought about canceling it and waiting til early summer and have a couple on cumberland and barren maybe but not sure yet. But i do appreciate your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea it is tough to schedule around other events . And now there is a new trail coming to lake cumberland . The Heartland series is fishing several events on top of the many already here. The only thing you can do is miss the bfl and fishers of men and just fish with the boats that show up. If you try to fish when no one else is fishing there is a reason they are not fishing. People don't want to fish under those conditions. good luck figuring it out. But you have to ask why have a tournament if no-one is going to fish. Right now very few people venture out with the weather and water like it is.....

Post Thanks / Like

I tell ya if things dont work out where we cant make these up ill prolly just have to cancel it. I am going to run the usa bassin again this spring, we had decent turnouts lastyear. i have had several teams already send there memberships to already to fish this spring on sundays. Thats the best thing about having them on sundays cause you dont interfere with other tournaments most of time. that will prolly be all i will do rest of the year here on cumberland.