Search Fishin.com

Thread: dumb moves

Post Thanks / Like

dumb moves

When I drove over the dam this morning the cracks and holes in the road were very noticable. So now they are going to bypass the dam? A little late isn't it? Why didn't they just drop the lake almost tp the original river channel 3 yrs ago, the work would have probably be done by now, and done much better than its been going. Of course it would have meant moving a couple hundred house boats. And now there is some speculation, that maybe the dam can't be fixed the way they planned. Wonder if they ever will bring it all the way back up, to controll flooding. Saw the mississippi last week, and its pretty low also.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dumb moves

I talked to an engineer back before they started this project. He said that the dam is "unfixable"... it is simply built in a place where dams were not meant to be built... take it for what it is worth...

Post Thanks / Like

They are also having problems with the dam at center hill lake, maybe there wasn.t that much knowledge about the karst or what ever its name is, and now the problems are developing.

Post Thanks / Like

Any time the government has their hands in it there's almost usually something stupid involved when it comes to te spending of our money...another good example is on the Ohio River at the Farnsley-Mooreman House. Down on the river bank at this historic home is a not very old landing for River Boats...it's very nice. Nice wide concrete steps all the way down to the multi-leveled landing. It has a nice hand rail and it's also ADA friendly...and yes it's multi-leveled so it could be used during the rise and fall of the river levels. I took my bird dog down there Sunday morning...I need to take a picture of it to show you all...completely covered over with growth (weeds), mud from where the river came up, etc...I have no idea what the price tag was when they constructed it ten years ago or more, but I gaurantee that thing cost a heck of a lot more than the price of ten decent homes in my subdivision. Construction such as this doesn't come cheap....and now look at it! There it sits..unused.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah the gov does some dumb things. But I have fished in a lot of lakes where the corp has ramps, in most places they are well maintained, fairly good parking, and the rest rooms are always clean and supplied. I know a lot of this is done by camp ground hosts, but in places where private concerns have taken over the ramps, its a different story.The worst corp ramps are on cumberland, they are not user friendly, but that is because of the low water levels. With my bad knees, I have given up on them.