Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Our Ridiculous Congress

Our wonderful Congress has not passed even one of the 13 needed budget bills for next year; they have not passed any tax cut/raise legislation; etc. etc. etc and they sure haven't passed any Immigration legislation or anything to protect our boardes but they can spend a day listening to Stephen Colbert, a supposed "expert witness" tell about life on the farm.

From todays' Courier Journal:
    WASHINGTON — Taking his blowhard act to Congress, comedian Stephen Colbert has told lawmakers he doesn't want Mexicans picking his tomatoes. And he expressed befuddlement that more Americans aren't clamoring to “begin an exciting career” in farm work.
    A straight-faced Stephen Colbert testified in character Friday at a House hearing on illegal farm workers. He offered what he called his “vast” knowledge of the subject after spending a day on a vegetable farm in New York.
    Colbert described his ordeal of stooping to pick beans as “really, really hard.” As he put it: “It turns out, and I did not know this, most soil is at ground level.”
    He pleaded with Congresshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adT...lass_10x10.gif to do something about illegal workers because “I am not going back out there.”

And they wonder why people are mad at them!!

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Ridiculous Congress

40 more days

Post Thanks / Like

Yep vote them out and start over. Spending time of fools like colbert and sports figures is a joke. If they had all their ducks in a row then ok entertain some fools or sports conspiracy but until they get it together they should concentrate on our nations issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, that is exactly where I am coming from--they get involved in all sorts of things that have nothing to do with thier duties and yet neglect one of the most important things they are supposed to do, enact a budget for the next fiscal year.

Grumpy

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Don, that is exactly where I am coming from--they get involved in all sorts of things that have nothing to do with thier duties and yet neglect one of the most important things they are supposed to do, enact a budget for the next fiscal year.

Grumpy
    I can see why they don't waste effort on the budget. They never follow it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Vote'em all OUT, every last stinking one of them, OUT OUT OUT OUT!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

vote me in..No more illegals..I'll have a fence put up on the borders even superman couldn't leap in a single bound.

Stop the welfare program to all able bodied people who can work..If you turn down even the simplest job to replace a welfare check...Your out of the system for good. No more debit cads for welfare or food stamps..Go back to the basic way it used to be. If you hire an illegal to work for you, you just lost your bidness license for 6 months, same thing for renting or selling a home to an illegal alien. Even if you are born here and have parents that are here illegally, you are not given the privledge of becoming a US citizen.

I'd get more drilling for natural resources here in and around our natural boundries of the USA.

No more money being sent to other countries to feed and shelter their people when too many Americans are hungry and homeless now. Stop all outside adoptions of children until every child in an orphanage has been adopted by someone. Stop all the Outside countries of sending 50 % more products into the US to be sold, but only allow 10% of our Profducts to enter into their country to be sold. If it ain't an even trade, it ain't gonna happen in the USA.

Set Term limits on those who are elected to Congress, just like the POTUS term is.

So just a few things i'd change if elected to the POTUS position.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    vote me in..No more illegals..I'll have a fence put up on the borders even superman couldn't leap in a single bound.

Stop the welfare program to all able bodied people who can work..If you turn down even the simplest job to replace a welfare check...Your out of the system for good. No more debit cads for welfare or food stamps..Go back to the basic way it used to be. If you hire an illegal to work for you, you just lost your bidness license for 6 months, same thing for renting or selling a home to an illegal alien. Even if you are born here and have parents that are here illegally, you are not given the privledge of becoming a US citizen.

I'd get more drilling for natural resources here in and around our natural boundries of the USA.

No more money being sent to other countries to feed and shelter their people when too many Americans are hungry and homeless now. Stop all outside adoptions of children until every child in an orphanage has been adopted by someone. Stop all the Outside countries of sending 50 % more products into the US to be sold, but only allow 10% of our Profducts to enter into their country to be sold. If it ain't an even trade, it ain't gonna happen in the USA.

Set Term limits on those who are elected to Congress, just like the POTUS term is.

You sound like one of those Tea Party radicals you know the ones with common sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post

Let me add one more...If i have to pee in a cup to work then they should have to pee in a cup to get a free check....my 2 cents