Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Three Springs Park

I went and fished the pond at the park off of Three Springs Rd in Bowling Green today. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why half or maybe over half the lake is fenced off.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Springs Park

most of the park was contaminated during the flood this year with sewer over flow

Post Thanks / Like

I generally fish 3 springs in the winter (for the trout), and in the spring (for the gills/crackers)....but I haven't been back there since the sewer spill, so I'm not sure what part of the lake has been fenced off? Generally, the only part fenced off is the private property on the opposite side from the parks and recs buildings. I'll have to drive down there and see what you are talking about.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I generally fish 3 springs in the winter (for the trout), and in the spring (for the gills/crackers)....but I haven't been back there since the sewer spill, so I'm not sure what part of the lake has been fenced off? Generally, the only part fenced off is the private property on the opposite side from the parks and recs buildings. I'll have to drive down there and see what you are talking about.

-Rich
    The recs building was fenced off Sat. and Sun. but Saturday, I parked right off of 3 Springs and I walked through a gate and over the bridge on the right. When I got there Sunday, the gate was fenced off. That was what I was really wondering about.

Post Thanks / Like

The state is staging some of the equipment needed on the parkway/interstate work. Probably fenced off so people aren't in there messing with equipment or getting hurt.

If you park over on the side with the ball fields and amphitheatre you can walk all the way around the lake I think.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE= If you park over on the side with the ball fields and amphitheatre you can walk all the way around the lake I think.[/QUOTE]

If you drive in that side, take the road all the way down past the playground and fields to the deadend...there is a little gravel road that is used by the park workers, you can walk down that and around the other side. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk around the other way, where the houses are.....they will sick their large yellow lab on ya, and that sucker is MEAN! (talking from personal experience, lol!).

-Rich