Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bass Club/Tournaments

My brother in law and I are looking to join a good local club around Louisville that fishes about 6-8 tournaments a year. Any club members have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Club/Tournaments

I have to put in a plug for the kincaid Bassmasters. They are not in Louisville....but we only have one annual meeting a year; to vote on our 12 tournament sights! We are the largest and one of the oldest clubs in the state; we are affilated with Kentucky B.A.S.S. Federation Nation (you would be able to fish our 4 qualifiers). We fish all over the state; so it really doesn't matter where you live...I live in Buckner...work hear in Louisville. We pay out 4 places each tournament only...($25 per-person entry fee)...buddy allways tournaments...$35 for the club dues...$40 for the BASS Nation dues=$75. We have AOY award..plus the top 10 at the end of the year...and a huge payout for our 2-day classic tournament. We have a nice web sight for more info. Hope you join!
    www.kincaidbassmasters.bravepages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Check out iroquoisbass.org Several people who post on this site fish Iroquois ask any of them what they think of IBC. ro
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc1974 View Post
    My brother in law and I are looking to join a good local club around Louisville that fishes about 6-8 tournaments a year. Any club members have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I second Iroquois Bass Club..... I have fisshed with them for the last 3 years now and the competition is great but all the guys are very laid back and easy to talk with.

http://www.iroquoisbass.org/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

3rd on IBC. Great bunch of guys and the tournaments are very well ran.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in one during college at Louisville and had a blast. We were all college kids, so it was different than your normal bass club. After graduation I haven't really had the desire to join another club because it seems like with the older generation they take great enjoyment in complaining 24/7. I can't stand that.

A group of us get together in the summer and fish every other week on Wednesdays on the Ohio out of Cox's Park. Usually fish from 6 pm to 9 pm, $20 per boat, winner take all. Usually have about 5 to 10 boats. It's all for fun, and we heckle each other a lot...especially Snow! It's not really a club, just some guys getting together to have a little fun fishing, which is the way it should be.

Aside from that, USABassin' runs a division out of Cox's Park - 5 tournaments during the year, once a month starting in April. I've enjoyed that. It's a $60 entry fee and draws about a dozen boats at each tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to beat IBC. I haven't fished with them for a few years now but all the guys were great and it was ran well.