Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Otter Creek Recreational Area Purchased by KDFWR!

I can't believe no one has posted this yet. Everyone take the survey!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otter Creek Recreational Area Purchased by KDFWR!

I posted it on the Kentucky board last week. Didn't want to repost on here and thought the main board gets more views.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showthread.php?t=83075

Post Thanks / Like

Had an opportunity to talk to the man who will be in charge of the park. He said the park will be open March 14 and they will stock trout more heavily than in the past.

I believe he said that there will be two stockings in the spring and that they will be earlier than normal.

He will be looking for help cleaning up the creek in the near future and will be contacting the Derby City Fly Fishers for help (in case anyone is interested).

There will be a 100 yd shooting range like others placed about the state on the WMAs. He indicated that the state was going to have the $50 yealy, $5 daily fee to help with the costs. I got the impression that the state was going full-bore to make a quality area for sportsmen. I don't know if the survey is still on-going but he was very interested in ideas from the public and was appreciative of people taking the survey.

Post Thanks / Like

That was the pricing scale I voted for. Great news about the shooting range and stockings. When you get intel on cleanup dates can you post it for us or direct me to where I can sign up?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'll post it when I hear something. I'm sure he'll be thankful for all help.

I voted for that scale as well. He did say they thought certain things, not sure what, would have an additional user fee as well. I think the survey mentioned that too.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Horse riding is one of them and they limit the areas where they are allowed, particularly near the creek. Horses are awesome and sure as hell wish i had a trail horse (maybe one day) but they can be extremely destructive to a stream bed. Plus walking along a trail in twilight and all of a sudden being ankle deep in horse **** really *****.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird I can say hell but not *****? I can see where **** might be censored but, *****?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    Weird I can say hell but not *****? I can see where **** might be censored but, *****?
    lol....I know what you are saying colonel....s u c k s shouldn't be censored IMO.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir. I will be in the water my the end of the week! May just shoot over to the CR as I have never fished there (I know, I know), nothing concrete yet. Its all over at 7 PM tomorrow! YES!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When I first moved to Louisville from East Tennessee in 1998, Otter Creek is what saved me from having major small-stream ffn withdrawals. Though in recent years I have become more of a boat/tailwater trout fisherman, Otter Creek still holds a special place for me. Being 40 minutes from Louisville is a major plus too!

I would gladly pay that $50/year or $5/visit fee, especially if they get a better stocking regimen going on. I would like to see more Brown Trout go in there, as there are a lot of sections from the Blue Hole upstream to the 1638 Overpass that are really look like Brown Trout water.

Also, I'm VERY excited about the possibility of a shooting range. It'd be nice to have a short fishing trip lined up and also get to sight in my rifle. Two birds, one stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Right with you on that Bluegrasser. Only place you can sight in for free anywhere near Louisville is at Clark Memorial Forest in IN and that is a fair drive. Can't wait. This is really going to be a big success so close to Louisville and Fort Knox.

Post Thanks / Like

The first trou I ever caught on a fly rod was from Otter Creek. I used to work 10 minutes from it and would fish it severl times a week. I will now let some in a a little secret. While all of you guys are there fishing for those stocked trout. I will be there targeting the numerous smallmouth that live there.