Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek Report?

Going to take my neighbor fishing Friday and was wondering what the bass bite has been like at Guist. I don't think I have been there this year although I am very familiar with it, I used to fish it all the time. Lake level and water color, I don't want your hot spots unless you can guarantee me we will catch 25# of bass out of it. Like I said taking the neighbor who has been out of fishing for at least ten yearsd and I am trying to pump him up about getting back into it. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guist Creek Report?

Good luck using Guise Creek to get your neighbor pumped up. If Guist does this for him then make sure you don't take him to Ky Lake for he will have a heart attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly what I was looking for. If I wanted to drive for seven hours total to fishfor about five that's where Id go but I have to be back to get kids off school bus so it's either Guist or Taylorsville and I choose where there are fish. Any help out there, I'm guessing water is down a couple feet since we haven't had any rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigrod, don't take it personal, I really don't think there's much going on at Guist. You're not getting many responses cause not very many people are having any luck there. I've talked to quite a few people who fish there on a regular basis and they all say the same thing...not much of a bite this year.

I just checked the USA Bassin web site and here a couple of interesting stats: it took 11 to 12 lbs to win three of the six tourny's...it was single digit numbers for the other three tourny's. Of those six tournaments, 33 different teams fished with 10 of those teams catching ZERO keepers. In other words, nearly 1/3rd of the people who fished Guist Creek Lake in this tournament setting did not catch a single keeper. This should tell you that though there are bass in that lake, they are hard to locate and catch.

Best of luck when you go...let us know how you do!!