Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

fish finder help

I love my new used boat.It has 2 Cuda dephfinders ,the cheaper ones.I want to upgrade the one on the trolling motor first as it seems a little older and crappier.Any one have a suggestion for + or -200.00 dollar fish finder?I have a handheld for gps already so i just need one i can see clearly.Thank you for anything

onemorecast56 Guest

Re: fish finder help

i just got the new Lowrance 5X pro,,,I like it,,,nice unit for the money

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Humminbird 570 and really like it! Other than the cheap plastic mounting bracket that comes with the trolling motor mounting kit, I've had no problems with my unit. If you get this model and decide to mount the transducer to your trolling motor, make sure you use the metal "piece" that comes with the mounting equipment. If not, the cheap plastic will snap the first time you hit something underwater...no matter how slow you're going.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance Mark 5X. $150 at BPS. Great unit for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Those Mark 5's seem to be pretty good for the money. If you were looking for high quality at a low price - so many people are up grading their older units going to side imaging hd units. You can get killer deals on some used ones.

Post Thanks / Like

just got a lowrance high definition 5x last month with the 83/200 khz transducer.....holy cow batman! this thing is freaking awesome. its gonna cost a little more , but i got mine from amazon.com and got a really good deal. i replaced the unit i had on the dash / transducer on the rear, i will replace the trolling motor unit with the same graph as soon as possible. there are a lot of nice graphs out there though, just my opinion. i think you can watch the demo on the actual graph at gander mtn and maybe bass pro in person, its a nice outfit

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the cheap cuda also, I checked mine against the more expensive brands, they both read the same depth, and temp, etc.The screen is small but mine works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah sorry there bob, but i use a depthfinder over 300 days a year and NO the cheaper units DONT do the same thing as the high end graphs. distortion and noise are filtered out of the advanced graphs clearing clutter and giving truer pictures of whats down there, you can actually SEE the fish IN the tree. no comparison. but like i said you pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like

wow you are lucky to fish 300 days a year Im jealous, i can understand if i fished that much i would buy the best, my boat came with the depth finder also.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Jealous of bob I still run the orginal equipment on my 93 Ranger "Lowrance Flasher" and
    honstly I get by...