Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayak

Yeah those Hobies look awesome and I wish I lived closer to the coast. Man these Yaks would be a blast casting for Redfish back home on the Indian River around Titusville. I have caught some nice ones in the Mosquito Lagoon that spun our boats around with three men in it.... can you imagine what they would do to a Yak? I guess you would have to anchor to just go for the ride.
    I'm gonna have to drive down there and take it so I can fish from it.
    I plan on putting a rudder on mine along with a anchor system and depth finder.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up the new Coosa............................................. ............then i woke up and went on over too Gander Mountain and got a Old Town 10 Vapor.Its sittin in the house so i can do a few mods.Thanks anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Give us some before and after pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Got it wet today.Join me on Facebook(Terry Adolph)iphone takes good pictures and its easy too up load them to FB.I only was on a small strech of Trammel Creek by a park.Water was low but both me and my son catch a bass.Mine on Buzzbait and his a popr.Was going too do a trip on Green river with Bowling Green Kayak club but...........hummm.........i think i will.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear so many are fishing from kayaks. I'll have some free yaks for the tournament and CanoeKY will have some to rent if you need one. Grand prize is a new Tarpon120!! For those that want to demo kayaks, there will be about 20 yaks at Burnside Island all day Sat and Pitman Creek paddlers will be available to help. Everything is ready for the tournament! I do need an additional sponsor for the youth division if anyone can help me out there. I can post your site/information on the web and radio starts this week. You should see an article in all KY county newspapers this week. I'm on facebook - Susan Powell. Also contact me via the web site if I can help you further with your plans. I have 25 years instruction in kayaks and racing, fishing and whitewater. I should be opening Cumberland Kayaks and Outfitters next year with a small fly fishing area. Of course I'll be catering to fishing yaks. Hope to see ya at the CKO tournament! Suzy

Post Thanks / Like

Problem for me is that it is a multi-species tourney and i am just not that diverse, or i would be there with bells on...

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Kayak

The true beauty of fishing from a kayak is that you can be diverse. Drop a meal for a catfish on one end, one for the striper and keep casting for a bass. It's easy.... Even if you just landed one huge fish, you could still win. I was fishing for 6 hours today. It was beautiful. I'm heading out tomorrow at 7am. Fishing creek. I'm organizing a trip this weekend to pre fish for the tournament. Any help from pro will be soooo appreciated. We'll be leaving from Lee's Ford dock Sat. morning. There will be a lot of newbies.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try that tourny one day. I'll definatly visit your store when you open it up. I'm hooked on yaks for the excercise and fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Tarpon 120 on Louisville CRaigslist for $750

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    Tarpon 120 on Louisville CRaigslist for $750
    That's a great price on a new one. I really like the layout of the 120..... Great seat and accessory rail.