Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Kayak

With GAS and cost of a boat have decided too get a kayak for fishing.I know a few on this site fish from them.I wish i had 1 back in May after the Flood and high water.I like fishing thin water and when they drop the bottom out of the lakes i'll be finding the deep holes.I think CPR.(catch,photo,release)is a good way too have tournments from them.That being said watch for me too start having them around Nolin lake and
    Barren.This winter is going too be here too soon but if there interest it mite happen sooner.What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayak

Just had one of the best days tossing buzzbaits from my kayak. I could get in the weeds so easy and pick my line to toss that bait....very stealthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet,bet its a blast can't wait..........love a buzzbait and the thought of getting up close...................

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been searching for teh cash to get a sit on top fishing kayak for 2 years.. still no luck...

Post Thanks / Like

You'll love it. We fish the river alot from ours and Cedar creek. I've noticed in Cedar I can get right up in the tree tops and pitch down in them where the boats can't go. Check out kayak bass fishing dot com, alot of info on freshwater kayak fishing.

I've said this before but if you're looking for a deal take a look at DD outfitters in Cincy, he carries Ocean and Tarpons and has LOW overhead.

Anybody else plan on fishing the tourny at Cumberland? I'm reserving a primative campsite there at Burnside, there will be 4 of us (2 kids and 2 adults) if anybody wants to share a campsite let me know. Ted

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on being there but not camping or fishing.I'm trying too decide on a yak for around $500.Any help.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 5 kayaks for differnt recreations and have bought 2 of them off craigs list very reasonably priced. Also check with rental places as this time of year they start selling their rentals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
    I plan on being there but not camping or fishing.I'm trying too decide on a yak for around $500.Any help.Thanks
    Go to BPS and look at the Ascend FS12T... $479.99 is a good price on this boat. Otherwise look for used ones. Having never paddled anything over 10 ft long, my opinions are pretty much based on researching reviews... but the OK Trident 13 seems to be my favorite option, but they are well over a grand...

Post Thanks / Like

Yep used is a great option. I got mine that way off this site and I could not be happier. Its a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120..... I carry alot of crap when I go, like 3-4 rods and 50 lbs (at least) of tackle in several tackle boxes. Cooler, wet weather gear and dry box. This Kayak handles it well. It's easy to paddle and handle in tight spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it seems that the Tarpon series kayaks are hugely popular among anglers in salt and fresh water. I really like the native watercraft ultimate 14.5, but being designed as it is seems like a risk of being swamped by a good wave and losing teh boat...

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Perception Kingfish for $291 at DD Outfitters. The kingfish is very similar to the Ascent. 11'8" x 30. I've used it all over here and took it to the flats and near shore fishing in Florida. He also has Ocean Scrambler Xt's for $465.00. Go to the DD outfitters website and then the boat outlet page to see his list of closeout boats.

I didn't want to get a high dollar one until I decided if I liked it or not. My next one will either be a Wilderness or Ocean brand. I'd like to get a 13 or 14 foot model as I often take my 5 year old daughter and she sits up on the front and tries to "net" fish while I fish.

The natives are good boats but if I were going to pay that much for one I'd go on and get a Hobie which would be my dream.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks anglers for the help.I plan on having more than 1 in the future so the grand kids can go.I plan on fishing CPR tournaments and mite even put some on for fun.Camping and fishing LBL will be a blast.