Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This is straight crap!

I just got back from the bmv to get a boat registration and then ran into this story.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25382594/detail.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is straight crap!

Thats Mitch for you!

Post Thanks / Like

So why don't they just make up a tax so that us fishermen (boat owners i guess) have to pay extra for everyone's benefit? Oh wait....

Is it me or doesn't this seem unlawful? If you make individuals pay a tax stated for a specific purpose, but don't use it for that purpose, isn't that theft? This is outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I just got back from the bmv to get a boat registration and then ran into this story.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25382594/detail.html

he want get my vote

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is some BS! We pay these fees, and I'm happy to do so, if the funds are appropriately used.

Post Thanks / Like

He will STILL get my vote, cause at least he didn't ROB the fund and then shut down all the **** ramps around indiana like his predecessor did.

Yea, IT *****........but I'd much rather rob that fund, than raise my property taxes, or income taxes, or sales taxes............

Personally, I think it is BS that the DNR runs a clean and efficient process, and the rest of gubment cannot..............

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

My property taxes have went up.

The sales tax went up.

Now he stole my $25 a year to use for other things.

I wouldn't vote for him for dogcatcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch has lied about everything he said he would do. He couldn't stick to a simple promise of putting everyone on the same time zone.

I don't trust him and their should be some way to prosecute the government for something like this whether it is theft by deception or what its wrong.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    He will STILL get my vote, cause at least he didn't ROB the fund and then shut down all the **** ramps around indiana like his predecessor did.

Yea, IT *****........but I'd much rather rob that fund, than raise my property taxes, or income taxes, or sales taxes............

Personally, I think it is BS that the DNR runs a clean and efficient process, and the rest of gubment cannot..............

Later,

Geo
    I'm with you on this one Geo. Wasn't that long ago we had ramps being closed and property not being maintaned. Under Mitch we have new DNR properties and facilities. Now he just needs to get other parts of the goobermint under control.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of any enhancement project done recently? I know of a couple of places that could sure use some dregging. Or how about extending the ramps so people wouldn't have to worry about dropping their trailers into the holes at the end of it. More money than we could use my butt.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of any enhancement project done recently? I know of a couple of places that could sure use some dregging. Or how about extending the ramps so people wouldn't have to worry about dropping their trailers into the holes at the end of it. More money than we could use my butt.
    I've been wondering the same thing. The only enhancement I can think of recently is a $1000 dock being built at Lincoln City a couple years ago. Other than that, my tax money has been invisible. Maybe our money is going towards more road projects? I love seeing contractors build these roads, and then a year later it has to be repaired.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about all over the state but I do know we have some great docks at Patoka now that were put in under Mitch's watch.

I go along with the dredging of some ramps at some of the strip pits I fish.

Best way to get something done is have enough people complain to the proper officials and keep the pressure on them.