Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

North Barkley was PAINFUL today.

Man...yesterday we did OK on South Barkley, but with a 25mph South wind today, we chose to fish North Barkley today.

Talk about TOUGH. We managed fish.......caught 12 with a kicker 3.6 smallie, but that was the only keep we caught.

We fished all types of different stuff. We could get nothing going shallow, so we pulled off to secondary points and ledges and managed a few.

Shakey Head worms was the ticket for us........No fish were caught on anything else.

How's everyone else doing???

BTW.........I'm down here all week and through next weekend. I will be posting every couple days..........

Also I might have room in the boat a couple days if anyone wants to join.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Barkley was PAINFUL today.

Weights were down for the BFL final today as well. So it wasn't just you. Hopefully things will pick up for you this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to kenlake monday to fish a couple of days. putting in at kenlake marina and have only fished kenlake one time before and that was in the spring. anyone have any suggestions it would b greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you read my last fishing report of the Kentucky Lake Report page. I have been reporting this bite for 4 weeks now. These heat waves are slowing up the fall transition. Gotta end sooner or later. Wind is gonna be up bad again today but forecasted to be worse on Monday...be careful out there.
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 10-24-2010 at 06:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    I would suggest you read my last fishing report of the Kentucky Lake Report page. I have been reporting this bite for 4 weeks now. These heat waves are slowing up the fall transition. Gotta end sooner or later. Wind is gonna be up bad again today but forecasted to be worse on Monday...be careful out there.

Based on the forecast for the first half of this week, I'm betting your going to report the same bite again this week.

I'm hoping for some 30/40 degree nights soon to heard the fish. My trip down starts Nov. 6th but I may go elsewhere if the weather just not become more seasonal. I don't think I've seen a dryer warmer fall in Central Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and I just got back from KY Lake today. We went down this past Thursday afternoon and fished from 4:30 to 7:00...was by FAR the best fishing we had all weekend. Caught bass on crainkbaits, shakey head worms, texas rigged brush hogs, tubes, and even a drop shot. Finished with around 15, half being keepers and a 5 lb hog. All fish were caught on North Barkley. Friday was a blue bird day and we fished KY Lake mainly with little to nothing to report from a 10 hour fishing day. Saturday - same except VERY windy. Today we went back to North Barkley and fished for about 4 hours with "some" success fishing around boat docks/marinas. VERY windy again today...caught fish on white spinner bait, shakey head, and camo color tube.

Post Thanks / Like

bet it wasnt nearly painful as patoka today...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the info. Dave, i have been reading your reports for the past couple of weeks and the info you put out is very useful and much appreciated. Im just trying to get as much info as possible i like being prepared and know what to mark on my map and rod setups. Thanks again