Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Went catching instead of fishing

Hit two ponds last evening with only a little over an hour before dark and sore mouthed a ton. It's been a long time since I've seen a bite like this. One pond was a rattletrap and was almost every cast, most in the 12 to 14 inch range with one about 17. Got tired of the dinks and went over the hill to the other pond which has less but better fish. Ten casts not a whiff on the trap. Saw one chasing small bluegill in the shallows, tied on my trusty white cavitron buzzbait and started wearing their heads out. Caught three in the two plus range and two around three. Lost two more that were close to three pounders. Also had three or four 12 and 13 incher's. That slowed and I went back up the hill and caught them again, dark came and it was over, like turning off a light.

Man that was fun, thumb is raw and loving every minute of it. Ole Richy was right boys the ponds are on fire!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Went catching instead of fishing

grate, I fish every chance I get witch thease days is not that much, I take some guys fishing that say they never have a great day, and like you I tell them that most time you fish and every once in awile you have a catchin day, were that thumb as a badge of honer! bet you can't keep your forefinger off of it!!LOLLOL

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I need access to a small lake or pond. The ones i fish are open to the public and SUPER pressured... so they are most definately NOT on fure...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats man, catching fish makes you forget about all the other junk going on huh? I had the best Buzzbait bite ever a month or so ago on a windy, cloudy cool day. I love that bite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Congrats man, catching fish makes you forget about all the other junk going on huh? I had the best Buzzbait bite ever a month or so ago on a windy, cloudy cool day. I love that bite!
    Don, that Cavitron is killer. I have fished alot of different buzzbaits in my life but none compare, that thin wire makes it shake and pulsate, and the holes in the blades move alot of water. Bass try to kill that thing, heck I even caught a striper on it a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, glad to hear it. I am going this evening to a 2-acre pond I have acces to. Plan on throwing nothing but topwater. One rod with a buzzbait and one with a Chug Bug.

Post Thanks / Like

Man - I need to get better friends.....ones that own ponds! Of course, they'd be tired of seeing me over there every night.

Post Thanks / Like

That is fun stuff Mark! After spending the day getting blown around Nolin, I long for the still water of a farm pond!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Don, that Cavitron is killer. I have fished alot of different buzzbaits in my life but none compare, that thin wire makes it shake and pulsate, and the holes in the blades move alot of water. Bass try to kill that thing, heck I even caught a striper on it a few weeks ago.
    I agree that Cavitron is awesome! I tried it first and caught a few but went to a smaller bait and it was a home made one from a buddy.... Man it was on like Donkey Kong once I started tossing it....sometimes a certain sound just works.