Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville 10-30-2010

Hit up T-Ville today. Managed zero keepers, but caught 4 small ones on a lipless crank right as teh sun hit the water... all four caught real fast then they shut down. Water up ashes and jacks creek were pretty clear and of good color. Main lake was maybe 2ft visibility but the color of coffee... looked like tanic florida water so i have to assume it turned over already.

For those lookin to cast net some shad for bait. Head all teh way up Ashes creek to the boat ramp area. There were balls of shad on every inch of water visible from my position and it sounded as if it were raining, they were all busting surface so much... they were so thick i foul hooked one with that lipless crank

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville 10-30-2010

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    Hit up T-Ville today. Managed zero keepers, but caught 4 small ones on a lipless crank right as teh sun hit the water... all four caught real fast then they shut down. Water up ashes and jacks creek were pretty clear and of good color. Main lake was maybe 2ft visibility but the color of coffee... looked like tanic florida water so i have to assume it turned over already.

For those lookin to cast net some shad for bait. Head all teh way up Ashes creek to the boat ramp area. There were balls of shad on every inch of water visible from my position and it sounded as if it were raining, they were all busting surface so much... they were so thick i foul hooked one with that lipless crank
    Saw the same action shallow on Beech and Little Beech Creeks on Thursday. Surface temp 63. Nothing other than shad in the coves. Drifted for blues and set a few jugs . . . not a single bite. For years I've been able to pick up a few blues for those winter fish fries, but this is odd.

I realize that the turnover scattered the fish but it is unusual seeing those huge balls of shad (4-5") feeding in the coves unmolested. Eager to learn, I welcome theories. Perhaps when the water temp drops a few more degrees the predators will come looking for an easy winter meal. Can't help but wonder how all of those 90 degree days may have figured in to it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody doing any good on crappie out there? I got out once a couple weeks ago and had 4 or 5 keepers and a few cats. Gonna give it another shot on Tuesday morning and was curious if anybody else has tried them lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishFry View Post
    Anybody doing any good on crappie out there? I got out once a couple weeks ago and had 4 or 5 keepers and a few cats. Gonna give it another shot on Tuesday morning and was curious if anybody else has tried them lately.
    Fished it today (Sunday) for Crappie and busted. We caught a few short bass and a hybrid, all on crappie tubes.

Water temp 61
    Visibility 2-3 foot

Good Luck
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I figure it's gonna be tough right now with the variations in weather and the lake turning over. Hopefully I can get lucky enough to catch a few but I'm not expecting too much success.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Sunday morning around 9:00 to about 1:30, caught 5, one kept. Gold/blk rattle traps seemed to be working, I saw that same brown water from the turnover. I saw a lot of top water action in the middle of the creeks, tried casting out into them, but all of my came off the bank about half way back in the creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

i was there on the 30th and i caught 4 largemouth and had one keeper and i had one striper it was bout 12 inches it was tough for me since it was my second time ever on the lake