Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

Post Thanks / Like

George W. Bush

Although, I am not a big fan - I just saw him throw out the first pitch of the game, and he has a much better arm than Obama!!! It wasn't a girly lob either, he threw it in there, and wasn't far off the strike zone.

He was far from my favorite president, but I would love to drink a couple of beers with him. I think my favorite thing he has done, was that he retired. I am not being a sarcastic when I say that. Too many former presidents try to stay too involved with everything after they leave. I think the fact that he stepped down gracefully, and went on to enjoy his life rather than make it a point to stay in the headlines made me gain some more respect for him. That and he made an honest attempt at throwing out a good first pitch!!
    Last edited by Col Forbin; 10-31-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: George W. Bush

Gonna have to watch sportscenter to see that!

Post Thanks / Like

George wasn't my favorite president. But I can't say I hated him. Wish him all the luck in the world, and that he starts to make more public apperearances. I expected him to throw out the first pitch, he was an owner of that team once.

Post Thanks / Like

George Bush has voiced his desire to make a ton of money on speaking engagements once he left office. His first offical speaking engagement was in Calgary, Alberta in March 2009 where he spoke at a luncheon about his 8 years as the president. Certainly would have been interesting to hear his thoughts and feelings on the whole terrorist attack etc. I am sure he must be touring around the states doing speaking engagements. Maybe he will come to Kentucky!

Post Thanks / Like

Showed up with his wife to welcome some troops back from Iraq earlier this year too, unannounced. Thought that was a nice touch.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    Although, I am not a big fan - I just saw him throw out the first pitch of the game, and he has a much better arm than Obama!!! It wasn't a girly lob either, he threw it in there, and wasn't far off the strike zone.

He was far from my favorite president, but I would love to drink a couple of beers with him. I think my favorite thing he has done, was that he retired. I am not being a sarcastic when I say that. Too many former presidents try to stay too involved with everything after they leave. I think the fact that he stepped down gracefully, and went on to enjoy his life rather than make it a point to stay in the headlines made me gain some more respect for him. That and he made an honest attempt at throwing out a good first pitch!!
    Col, you're right about RETIRING......he left office and LEFT OFFICE.

Bush 1 Left and you never heard from him again.......not much at least.

Bush 2 Left and same thing. Let the guy in charge LEAD.

Reagan...Same THING.

Clinton........isn't he still the president.

Jimmy Boy.........What a FREAKIN JOKE.

You libs see a pattern here??

Just askin.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Too bad his VP didn't show as much class. Not only was **** Cheney the first Executive Branch leader to openly criticize a sitting President since Herbert Hoover did it in 1932, he did it when Obama hadn't even been in office 6 weeks! I can't think of a politician whose first name fit him better. Except maybe Nixon. Hmmm... do I detect a PATTERN here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Reagan...Same THING.

Clinton........isn't he still the president.

Jimmy Boy.........What a FREAKIN JOKE.

You libs see a pattern here??

Just askin.

Later,

Geo
    Geo lets not forget Clinton was the only president that I know of that vandalized the white house before he left. such class

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Too bad his VP didn't show as much class. Not only was **** Cheney the first Executive Branch leader to openly criticize a sitting President since Herbert Hoover did it in 1932, he did it when Obama hadn't even been in office 6 weeks! I can't think of a politician whose first name fit him better. Except maybe Nixon. Hmmm... do I detect a PATTERN here?
    Hasn't Jimmy Carter made a career out of criticizing (Republican) sitting Presidents? He gave Reagan fits about Iran-Contra and his Mideast policies. And didn't he call GHWB's administration "the worst in history?"

Long before Cheney, right?

Post Thanks / Like

How about Al Gore? He hasn't stopped! He has bashed Bush while Bush was in office and will prolly do it till the end of time.
    I guess when someone kicks your butt down the street you have a case of the sore butt.

Post Thanks / Like

lol..I really liked Mr. Bush when he was our President, thought he did one heck of a job. Same thing for his father...

Now talk about sore loser..Nancy Pelosi is gonna retire if she loses's the election for her seat. Well skank, don't let the door hit ya in the arse on yer way out......Bout time you got the heave hoe.....

Post Thanks / Like

On Jimmy Carter, yes I stand corrected, and his comments about Bush were totally inappropriate. Al Gore though, tool that he may be, I don't remember him ever "bashing" Bush while Bush was in office. Maybe you can refresh my memory with a quote. But everybody, Bush, Reagan, Clinton, whoever, is going to make SOME comments about their successors, of course, but as for really "bashing" them, ie trying to run the place after you've left office, IMO there's Cheney, then before him Carter, then you have to go pretty far back.