Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The stock market

Has anyone been paying any attention to the stock market lately and how much it's been going up? Yesterday (Thursday, Nov. 4th it shot up over 200 points to mark the highest it's been in quite some time). The S & P 500 is at it's highest since the start if the financial crises in September of 2008!

Anyone have any idea what's driving all this? To say the economy "ain't all that great" is an understatement as far as I can tell, unemployment is still above 9%....So what's driving this rise in stocks? The numbers seem artificially inflated to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The stock market

Kind of seems to me like now that the election is over, the fed's (and lots of others) see the next two years as being stable, stable as in nothings going to change much from where it's at right now....so if people are "ok" with where things are now it makes them feel better financially. Also...maybe now that the stock market is nearing where it once was, maybe some of the older workers who put off retiring due to their losses in the stock market, maybe now they can go ahead and retire, thus allowing jobs to open up for younger workers.

Post Thanks / Like

As predicted by many, now that alot of the Nimrods have been removed much optimism is spreading and should continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    As predicted by many, now that alot of the Nimrods have been removed much optimism is spreading and should continue.
    Except on here! Buwahhhaaaa

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: The stock market

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Yep, once Bush and Co left office the stock markets started going up again. I've made back everthing that I lost on my 401k and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by djd
    Except on here! Buwahhhaaaa
    I could put in a good word with the powers that be and ask them to remove you if you like

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post

I could put in a good word with the powers that be and ask them to remove you if you like
    Andrew
    Naw I'm good just enjoying the fallout from the recent elections! I'm learning from all the liberals on here...... It's a free education!

Post Thanks / Like

The market has looked better because of the 600 million T Bill- Bonds the government is buying up. I will admit that the election being over is probally worth a 1/16 % gain in the market.