Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wink I was laughed at about prediction

I was told I was on the crack pipe when I said Louisville may get a crappy bowl invite in Strong's first year here. I thought it was s stretch but quite possible. Well guess what boys, one more and it just might be true.

That was a nice win Saturday, Burke played with alot of Poise. The running game by committee also got it done, and that redshirt freshman is the bomb.

Go ahead start the hate posts and flame away but Charlie Strong is doing a Hell of a job in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I was laughed at about prediction

Hey, I didn't laugh at you. LOL

Very nice win beating Syracuse...

Lord knows, with the way Kentucky is playing now, I wouldn't want to play you guys again this year. Maybe we'll see you in Birmingham? Wouldn't that be something.

We should plan it now....a Fishin.com throw down supreme, somewhere with food and spirits, if the Cats and the Cards play again in a bowl game.

Post Thanks / Like

Man Brian that would be graeat man. I would try my best to attend and we would have a throw down. Good thought.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Man Brian that would be graeat man. I would try my best to attend and we would have a throw down. Good thought.........
    I'm down like a clown for some of that action....

Best I can figure right now, if things play out as they should with UK and UL both winning 1 more game...

If LSU makes a BCS bowl, Kentucky ends up in Tennessee somewhere for a bowl. (Music City or Liberty again)

If LSU misses the BCS, Kentucky ends up in Birmingham.

Post Thanks / Like

As entertaining as a bowl game between UK and UL would be, I just can't see someone making two teams from the same state play each other twice in the same season.

I know that's not how it works, but it just seems illogical to me.

UL going to a bowl this year really speaks well for Charlie Strong. I mentioned his name to some die-hard UL fans as someone the Cards should hire after Kragthorpe was out and they responded with "who?".

Post Thanks / Like

I see it now, Louisville vs Kentucky in the "I Can't Wait for Basketball Season To Start Bowl" They could play the game in Springfield Mass for the Naismith Cup. I don't follow either of the football teams but never too early to get the UK / UofL Basketball Smacktalk started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I know that's not how it works, but it just seems illogical to me.
    It seems illogical, because it is. I seriously seriously doubt that they would pair up two teams in a bowl from the same state that play each other annually....just aint gonna happen....but I'd like to see it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    It seems illogical, because it is. I seriously seriously doubt that they would pair up two teams in a bowl from the same state that play each other annually....just aint gonna happen....but I'd like to see it!

Really? Ask Florida how they won their first (and only) title under Spurrier when he was at Florida. He beat Florida St. in the bowl game after FSU had beaten them during the regular season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Really? Ask Florida how they won their first (and only) title under Spurrier when he was at Florida. He beat Florida St. in the bowl game after FSU had beaten them during the regular season.
    Good point....

How often do collegiate bowl games line up with two teams that play each other year in year out in the regular season? That's got to be rare. Surely there's a stat somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

Bowl games are all about money...and what is going to bring more money into Nashville than having UL and UK there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Bowl games are all about money...and what is going to bring more money into Nashville than having UL and UK there?
    BINGO boys, Ole Dave nailed. Money would flow like a river in that town

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    Good point....

How often do collegiate bowl games line up with two teams that play each other year in year out in the regular season? That's got to be rare. Surely there's a stat somewhere...

Sorry Split, that come across different than the way I wanted. It happens more than people realize IMHO!