Search Fishin.com

Thread: Break ins

Post Thanks / Like

Break ins

If you have valuables in your garage i suggest you board up your windows and set the alarm. 2 weeks a go my neighbor was hit and they packed of a ton of tools, last week they hit me and took a mint condition Honda cbr 954rr, needless to say thats what got them caught. They didnt touch anything else tools, fishing stuff... They completely trashed my bike not sure if it will ever be anything more than a stunt now.
    This has become a serious problem (mostly pill heads) locally and im sure its just as bad every where else. Just a warning, I was in bed when they broke into my garage never knew anything till the next morning.
    Last edited by stoner; 11-08-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Break ins

While on the topic, keep your car locked in your driveway. What some people don't know is that some people will go to home improvement stores and buy up several different brand garage door openers. Then they will get in your car at night and remove the back of your garage door opener to see the pin combination that is set on the opener, basically dialing in the frequency of your opener. they will watch your house to see your schedule and know when your not home, put the pin combination into their own opener and rob you blind while your are away. No forced entry or nothing and you will never be the wiser because you closed the garage door with the opener that is still in your car. If your car is broken into and your garage door opener is stolen then make sure you set a different pin combination on the opener in your garage for the new remote that you will have to buy to replace. this way they can't come to your home after breaking into your car and rob you blind as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ain't this just a bunch of crap!!...Hey Stoner...I've heard tell that in most cases when someone gets ripped off it's usually done by someone who was acquainted with the vicitm directly or remotely, either one. You mentioned pill heads...do you have some of these idiots living near you that you suspect?

Sunday my step-daughter and her boyfriend visited us here at the house and he was telling me he had two trail cameras stolen off tree's out in Bullitt County...he said one he could almost understand getting stolen but it had a hard time believing someone would steal the other one, just because it was a lot harder to get to, a lot further back in the woods, etc. And this is his own families land too. I would say it's just a sign of the times in which we live...but when you mention pill heads, those types never seem to go out of style...Lock one pill head up and there's two more to fill his shoes it seems.

Good advice Elwood, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Well ain't this just a bunch of crap!!...Hey Stoner...I've heard tell that in most cases when someone gets ripped off it's usually done by someone who was acquainted with the vicitm directly or remotely, either one. You mentioned pill heads...do you have some of these idiots living near you that you suspect?

Sunday my step-daughter and her boyfriend visited us here at the house and he was telling me he had two trail cameras stolen off tree's out in Bullitt County...he said one he could almost understand getting stolen but it had a hard time believing someone would steal the other one, just because it was a lot harder to get to, a lot further back in the woods, etc. And this is his own families land too. I would say it's just a sign of the times in which we live...but when you mention pill heads, those types never seem to go out of style...Lock one pill head up and there's two more to fill his shoes it seems.

Good advice Elwood, thanks!
    Chub,
    didnt have any idea who they were and had only heard of the one boy. They were younger than me and lived just up the road 400yds or so. U knew it was coming and I had prepared for it, just hadnt got my deterent installed in time.
    I no longer use the remote to my garage just for the reason elnut mentioned as of right now it stays locked down and locked out. I will eventualy use it again, but not till the shell shock has worn off.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that man sounds like you had an awesome bike there. I been stolen from a few times and it sukks! Knowing who did it has got to be better than wondering who did the crime.

Ain't much worse than a thief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Knowing who did it has got to be better than wondering who did the crime.

Ain't much worse than a thief.
    I can speak from my own experience that whether you know them or not it doesn't matter, it still ain't worth a darn...in fact if you know who did it (such as a family member or something) the feelings are much worse I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

While on the topic of thiefs. You need to take pictures and videos of all of your fishing equipment with model numbers and such. I would even make sure you keep the receipt of the very expensive items as well. My buddy stored his boat in a storage facility about 15 years ago and someone broke into it and stole pretty much everything out of his boat. Because he did not have itimized list of what he had or any proof that he had expensive equipment, which is all he buys, the insurance gave him a flat rate on the number of rods and reels and such as a settlement. If he had pictures, videos or receipts the adjuster said he could have gotten the actual value returned but as is he had some $200 rods that he got $25 dollars from the insurance. Same deal on your home as well. Periodically take a video camera around the house and show everything that is in the house. Then put the tape in a fireproof safe or safety deposit box at the bank. this way there is no question as to the value of the contents of the house in case of a fire or break in for the insurance people.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back, while traveling for work, my house was broken into. They did not steal too much (Movies, Video Games, Change ect.), but what really made me mad was that they took one of my suit cases. I assume they were too lazy to bring their own bag and decided to use mine instead to cary my stuff. Never good that the theif needed to steal a suit case from you to steal your stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I read on the internet a couple of years ago where a guy broke into a house and tripped over a coffee table and broke his leg with a compound fracture. The family awoke to this fella screaming for help. They called the cops and the guy was arrested. While he was in jail he got a lawyer and sued the homeowners saying he was hurt on their property and they should pay for not only his medical bills but his pain and suffering as well. the case was thrown out of court but just goes to show again it TAKES ALL TYPES

Post Thanks / Like

I wish thieves of any kind, especially burglars, would get 20 years minimum with no possibility of parole. And for people who commit armed robbery I think 50 years with no possibility of parole sounds reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Break ins

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    While on the topic of thiefs. You need to take pictures and videos of all of your fishing equipment with model numbers and such. I would even make sure you keep the receipt of the very expensive items as well. My buddy stored his boat in a storage facility about 15 years ago and someone broke into it and stole pretty much everything out of his boat. Because he did not have itimized list of what he had or any proof that he had expensive equipment, which is all he buys, the insurance gave him a flat rate on the number of rods and reels and such as a settlement. If he had pictures, videos or receipts the adjuster said he could have gotten the actual value returned but as is he had some $200 rods that he got $25 dollars from the insurance. Same deal on your home as well. Periodically take a video camera around the house and show everything that is in the house. Then put the tape in a fireproof safe or safety deposit box at the bank. this way there is no question as to the value of the contents of the house in case of a fire or break in for the insurance people.
    Definately good advice.