Search Fishin.com

Thread: CR this week!!!

Post Thanks / Like

CR this week!!!

Heading down to the river tomorrow morning with the twin for the first time. Not only my first time at the CR but the biggest water I have chased trout on. Can't wait. We will be camping at Kendall (hopefully) and wading nearby. Hopefully we will have some cool pics to post come Friday. If you feel like stopping by and wetting a line with us you know where to find us.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CR this week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    Heading down to the river tomorrow morning with the twin for the first time. Not only my first time at the CR but the biggest water I have chased trout on. Can't wait. We will be camping at Kendall (hopefully) and wading nearby. Hopefully we will have some cool pics to post come Friday. If you feel like stopping by and wetting a line with us you know where to find us.
    Awesome! To bad you just missed us down there...that could have been one big FFin party! I would probably slip over there, but I already have a tee time tomorrow...........Make sure you FF @ the Hatchery/CR convergence...lots of fish there! GO GET THEM!!!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

That is the plan my man. We'll be there until Friday, stop by and show us how its done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    That is the plan my man. We'll be there until Friday, stop by and show us how its done.
    Wish I could! Catch some for me brother! Good luck!!!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Did OK. Got there to late to really fish much Wednesday evening. Fished hard all day Thursday and Friday morning. Struck out Thursday morning but kept plugging until I found something they would take midday. Caught one brown and some nice Rainbows, including one about 16" in the creek. This morning was excellent. As I had opted not to stop somewhere and get some 6x tippet, my 5x would not thread into my midges. But this morning I found a size 18 emerger they would happily take. Caught a personal best Brown on twice today...MMM! The first one was only about 14-15" but the second one was easily 17-18" and put up a good fight. Both out of the Creek/River convergence. Have a few pics, one of the first brown this morning in my net, and two my bro took with his cell. Don't know if you can see them or not but here is a link to an album. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00000614015946

Post Thanks / Like

So that didn't work. Let's try this. http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/z...vember%202010/

Post Thanks / Like

I missed one large fish I think was a Brown on my first cast Friday morning. No dice other words, Colonel did all the whooping. He did pretty good Friday morning I watched him catch like 6 trout. That's the price I pay for being unprepared, being skunked. I guess next time I'll sit my lazy arse down at the vice before we take a trip.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL....way to go guys! Very nice fish!

-Rich