Search Fishin.com

Thread: enes kanter

Post Thanks / Like

enes kanter

looks like the ncaa finally decided enes wont be allowed to wear the blue and white. i think they will still win alot of games, but not having him is going to hurt. they are going to be a fun team to watch and im anxious to see just how far they can go in the big dance. hopefully a couple of the freshman will stick around and play with next years incoming class. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: enes kanter

Don't give up yet. There's still the appeal process so i'm keepin my fingers crossed. But with the way the guards shot the ball tonight against ETSU, if the Cat's had a respectable big man like Enes other teams would have to pack it in down low to guard him. That would open it up outside for the 3 pointers to fall like they did tonight. Without him I'm pretty sure UK will lose some games to bigger teams. Go Big Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I woulnt entirely give up teh big guy idea. Harrelson may not be NBA quality, but he has improved a lot and Vargas aint that bad either... and with a guy like Jones makin rebounds over guys a foot taller than him, maybe we will have a better season than the haters are giving us credit for..

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people talk like Kanter's appeal might grow some legs...we'll see...I haven't given up all hope just yet.

If the intent wasn't there to professionalize, the appeals committee might let him play after sitting some games and repaying the cash. I understand that he received $33K....and after travel expenses, $15K sits untouched in a bank account. He turned down offers from other pro teams that had more zeroes than that, so it would seem to me that his intent was to maintain his amateur status so that he could come to the US and play college ball before making a run at the NBA.

But who knows...

If he plays, he plays...if he doesn't, we still have quite a good roster. Holes in the middle, but still quite good. Harrellson will get schooled by other more-talented bigs once we get out of the cupcake portion of the schedule....and I'm not covinced in Vargas' abilities just yet. With our shooters this year, if we had a big threat in the middle to keep defenses collapsing on him, we would be kicking out and raking in threes like Grant took Richmond.