Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tayorsville Info(color,temp, level)

Was thinking of going to the Big Tville (dead sea) sometime this weekend. Just wondering what to prepare for. Just looking for water color, temp, and levels. Patterns if at all possible. Here the lake has been pretty low in the past weeks. Thank you in advance for any comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tayorsville Info(color,temp, level)

Post Thanks / Like

I went to T-ville on Thursday. I put in at Van Buren, which was a mistake. With the low lake levels and all the silt carried and deposited by the Salt River, there's nothing but skinny water and hidden logs for several hundred yards as you move away from the ramp and toward the main lake. The water color on that end of the lake was almost muddy. A few fish were feeding on the swarms of shad that were on the mud flat but wouldn't take a lipless crankbait.

Temps ranged from the mid 'to upper 50's. Water visibility mid-lake looked better. Bass fishing was slow and the people i talked to fishing for crappie and bass said it was slow as well.

Good luck.

JP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by findingem View Post
    Was thinking of going to the Big Tville (dead sea) sometime this weekend. Just wondering what to prepare for. Just looking for water color, temp, and levels. Patterns if at all possible. Here the lake has been pretty low in the past weeks. Thank you in advance for any comments.
    We are having a small tournament Sunday morning from 7am-2pm out at Possum Ridge come out and join us...$30.00 a boat, $10.00 big fish....small tournament but alot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

The water around the state park and Possum Ridge ramps is pretty normal for Taylorsville. Water is mid to upper 50s as was stated. I have been fishing with minnows for crappie and having pretty good luck. Fishing 7-10 feet deep in standing timber has produced several keeper crappie and a big number of small bass. I have caught largemouth bass ranging from 4" to 14" and have probably caught around 50 in two trips. I plan on trying it again Sunday and will report back if anything has changed. Hoping to find more crappie schooled up, they have been very spread out and it is rare to catch more than 2 or 3 on one spot lately.

Post Thanks / Like

teebass interested in your tournament. how many boats? when is sign in? and how is money divided out?