Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CLUB!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New CLUB!!!!

What do you guys think about a $30 dollar membership fee, or maybe one meeting at the start of (February)? The membership fee would be a bonus pot at the classic....Also paying the tournament fees for the entire year would also be good idea, because it guarantees money for the guys who do fish for that day...so example if 5 boats show at Nolin you would still get the money as if 15 boats fished!! Trying to get guys to commit is the hardest part, so any ideas would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Igotfive!!!! View Post
    What do you guys think about a $30 dollar membership fee, or maybe one meeting at the start of (February)? The membership fee would be a bonus pot at the classic....Also paying the tournament fees for the entire year would also be good idea, because it guarantees money for the guys who do fish for that day...so example if 5 boats show at Nolin you would still get the money as if 15 boats fished!! Trying to get guys to commit is the hardest part, so any ideas would be great!
    I don't like any of those ideas.

Rather than get all organized and collecting money before the first lure hits the water, why not just have a club that shows up at a set date and location, pay an entry fee at the ramp, and then pay out 1 place per 5 boats and see if it grows from there. No need to get all fancy in the inaugural season with memberships and such.

Simply make the classic a double entry fee tournament, with the season points champion fishing it free of charge as an incentive.

The more informal, the more fun, or at least that's been my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well spoken...start out small and see what happens. If the 1st and 2nd seasons seem to be a sucess then start a membership. Buy having no membership fee it would probabbly be easier to draw teams that have never fished in a club or teams that dont fish a lot of tournaments. Just make sure to keep the current active teams aware that if the club seems to be a sucess that there will be a membership fee in the future.

To the best of my knowledge most clubs use membership fee's to help build a classic pot. So if you choose to go no membership make sure the teams that fished all year know that there will be an entry fee to the classic. Now if you want charge a membership I think $30 would be fair price for a club that is just starting.

I dont really know what your intentions are with this club. If it is to get a few boats to come together and have a good time I would not get alll fancy with a bunch of rules. If the club is something that may grow into a large club then more organization will be needed.

Good luck...keep it simple,fun and it should be a sucess. I like Barren, Green and Noiln please post a schedule when you can. I am not going to commit to any club this year but may Jump in a tournament or two.

Post Thanks / Like

These guys are right on. Keep it simple at first until you need structure. This will keep it relaxed and fun. It can still be competitive but rules a lot of times complicate things. Please post your schedule my brother and I are always looking for an excuse to fish these lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good need more info. Been looking for a good club to join that is simple and fun.

Post Thanks / Like

No rules huh...That sounds like a plan! Nothing catches a big spawning female off the nest like a cast net!! Count me in!

Post Thanks / Like

I read through all the replys and I was the only person that had the word rule in my reply. I assume you are calling me out as the idiot that said no rules. I recommend that you go back and read my reply again. I said I would not get fancy with a "bunch of rules" let me explain it in detail for you what this means...I have seen more than one club that had a ton of rules sometimes two pages long. Members seem to complain about something and then the club puts a rule in effect to cover the whiner.

Let me be clear since you think "not get fancy with a bunch of rules" means no rules. There needs to be basic rules that all clubs have such as no live bait ,5 fish,life jacket plus the other basic rules that 95% of the organized clubs have. Typically rules that get complaints are using subsitutes,how to qualify for the classic, late weigh in,dead fish.

I will give you a couple examples of what I think getting fancy with a rule is...I have seen a rule where you can use 2 substitues in the season and still qualify for the classic,but it also has a clause if the substitue is a direct relative that they will not count as a substitue. I think when you register as a team that the two people who register together is the team. Any person other than the team member is a substitue even if it is a farther,mother brother or sister... A substitute is a substitue

I have also seen a rule where you can weigh a dead fish for the bag limit but not for a big fish pot. If a dead fish is OK for the bag it should be OK for the big fish pot or not be allowed in Either pot. Things such as this is what I call getting fancy with a rule.

My intention was too keep the rules basic and simple and promote a club that was starting out small and wanting to have fun. No where in my reply did I say or imply no rules. Hopefully you now understand what my reply getting fancy with rules mean. I believe that the majority of people who read my orginal reply understood what I was saying. I did not have to come back with a reply to clarify myself but I felt like it might better explain what my orginal reply was about.

To the person who started the reply about starting a new club I wish you luck. I more that likley will not make any more replies because I do not want what I said taken out of content;therefore any more replies from me could be counter productive for your new club. Please post a schedule when you get things figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: New CLUB!!!!

Thats pretty childish calling names boy lot of people use the internet to talk trash cause they are to scared to do It In real life people like you are what complicate club Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody figured out about this club yet and when it's gonna start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luveatnbass View Post
    I was making fun of the idiot that said no rules you douchebag!!
    What I meant by that was too many rules. Sorry for the typo. Guess I figured any one with common sense would know what I meant. Guess you didn't get it.
    Last edited by bassman_ky; 01-08-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like to me most of them dont want to commit. They only want to pick and choose what they want to fish for their benefit... I dont think this club wants that type of member so get out of here.

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep it simple folks people will enjoy , have fun and your club will be fine just keep people who talk about catching spawners with a throw net out that would definitely complicate a small club