Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question coming down to CL 19 and 20 Nov.

We have been out of touch with the lake few a while. We are heading down next week and was wondering if anyone could hook us up with a clue on what is working right now. We were setting up for bottom fishing stripes but can pull boards. How's the bait action and are they still in the creek mouths and main lake or moving back? Beaver sounds encouraging early in the morning and evenings, are you throwing bucktails or blades, slivers or redfins. We don't want spots just some info,Please.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: coming down to CL 19 and 20 Nov.

We had our best luck casting 1/2oz bucktails white/chartreuse w/white grub tail. I would imagine the fish have moved up the creeks some with this recent colder weather...I would look for jumps in the mouths of creeks in the am and pm...if you don't find any, look further up the creeks. Good luck.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lumpybass View Post
    We have been out of touch with the lake few a while. We are heading down next week and was wondering if anyone could hook us up with a clue on what is working right now. We were setting up for bottom fishing stripes but can pull boards. How's the bait action and are they still in the creek mouths and main lake or moving back? Beaver sounds encouraging early in the morning and evenings, are you throwing bucktails or blades, slivers or redfins. We don't want spots just some info,Please.
    Fish are scattering from the huge schools right now and moving around the mouths of most creeks to half way up. Most fish we are taking are coming off mud flats 35-40 foot deep. Boards are begining to become a more productive method as they scatter out. Bottom fishing is also taking lots of fish as well. 1/2 oz. white bucktails and chartreuse are producing fish when found. When we see surface action we are throwing a smack tackle gizz no.4 and a badonkadonk. They are absolutely killing those 2. Good luck guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fellas, I thank you for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks also guys. My son and I are fishing C this weekend and will let you know how we did.

See you on the water Lumpy! I'll be in a red PT175 Bass Tracker with a big grin on my face.

Post Thanks / Like

What I've found this week is that just about all the larger creeks are now holding the majority of the fish in the mouths to the upper halves. We're still seeing some good surface action also. I'm still fishing 30-40 foot of water primarily. Good Luck Guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend fished about half way up creek. Sat only one caught at 40'.
    Bait and fish seemed to be about 40'. But Sunday morning about 8-10 after the cold front in the light drizzle was on fire! Most caught about 14'deep on boards and downlines with shinners.

Here is a link to photo of sonar while catching fish Sat.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/album....&pictureid=907

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got into some Peter! That picture is very cool. I know that sonar unit was giving you fits....hope you like your new one better. I will be down over Thanksgiving so give me a call if your on the lake.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

We went bass fishing over the weekend and caught a few...all on topwater spooks. Pretty slow weekend overall but the weather was great and had a fun time with my son.

Fished Indian creek and some main lake points on Sat, Lily and Greasy Creeks on Sun. Wanted to also check out Fishing Creek but didn't have time. Water temp was ~61F and water clarity was generally about 5-6 ft. up in the creeks but very murky in spots.

Partly cloudy both days so not sure what was up with the fish. Might try again over TG weekend or again in a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gang. I went fishing with Lumpy. We fished the lake all day Friday and Sunday morning. Slow bite is all I can say. We bottom fished all day Friday and got hits in almost every spot we stopped but they were light with few hook-ups. Had killer bait so thought we would tear em up but it wasn't meant to be.

Wish I could tell you a pattern but like I said we were just getting onsey and twoseys everywhere we went. Pulled boards for about 4 hours Sunday morning. 4 hits but no hookups. We found more fish close to the mouth still in the main lake than anywhere else. Fish and bait seemed to still be holding deep at about 50-60 foot which had me confused.

We did sneak south on Saturday though and managed a couple real nice fish. I'll try and post on the photoboard...