Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pedigo Spin rite

info: Pedigo spinrite was designed and produced by Cecil Pedigo in Bowling Green, Ky. in the 1960"s . Mr. Pedigo sold the company to Uncle Josh in 1976 or 1977and the new owner Uncle Josh chose not to make the well known lure. Mr. Pedigo died in Florida about 10 yrs. later. Mrs. Pedigo passed in 1994.I know this all to be true because I am their grandson. This lure has not been made since.
    Likes PRO V LE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pedigo Spin rite

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy1951 View Post
    info: Pedigo spinrite was designed and produced by Cecil Pedigo in Bowling Green, Ky. in the 1960"s . Mr. Pedigo sold the company to Uncle Josh in 1976 or 1977and the new owner Uncle Josh chose not to make the well known lure. Mr. Pedigo died in Florida about 10 yrs. later. Mrs. Pedigo passed in 1994.I know this all to be true because I am their grandson. This lure has not been made since.
    Did your grandfather hide any in the attic? That's an awesome story. I was researching them a while ago. I want to use them for some winter fishing. These aren't Pedigo's, but they're close.

http://www.nancytackle.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, a black short arm single blade, not sure how many different types Mr. Pedigo made! last time I fished Cumberland at night I put a black 3in grub on it and fished as a drop spinner bait, well maid bait, has soderling in the bend of wire that holds the swivel

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

those are very close to the original spin rite.plan on ordering a few pretty soon

Post Thanks / Like

I was in a hardware/gun shop several years ago to get a barrel or two for a T/C pistol I had and was looking around at some old tackle he had and there it was....STILL IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE...it now resides on my shop wall. It was a GREAT FIND for me....I often thought of trying to make me a version of the original but never found the time...BUT I STILL GOT THE PATTERN TO GO BY!!!!!!!!....LOL....

Post Thanks / Like

that's my great granddad

That's my great grandad and I have not used his wonderful baits yet but there antiques and will never be sold or used.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Spin Rite was popular on Dale Hollow as a favorite of Billy Westmoreland. I have caught LM,SM, White Bass, Walleye, Crappie, etc. with this lure.
    There have been some copy's I've seen but the original Pedigo is the best.
    Likes dmase liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

pedigo

Love the Pedigo. I have a dozen or so still in packages. Several different styles some with marabou trailers in different colors. I have them made by both Pedigo and Uncle Josh. I am an old lure guy so I am always looking for vintage or antique lures. I just happened on this deal of about 30 spinrites with a dozen or more NIP. I am a Westmoreland fan and have his book. I have every lure he has mentioned in it and some of his personal lures right out of his tackle. Went to a sale after his passing and purchased a bunch. Got some real classics and some Hub-chubs that were for him to try and never meant to be sold in stores.I loved to watch ol Billy catch them ol brown fish on TV. I saw several of his deep water seminars at boat shows as well. It is good to know he still has folks after these lures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmase View Post
    Love the Pedigo. I have a dozen or so still in packages. Several different styles some with marabou trailers in different colors. I have them made by both Pedigo and Uncle Josh. I am an old lure guy so I am always looking for vintage or antique lures. I just happened on this deal of about 30 spinrites with a dozen or more NIP. I am a Westmoreland fan and have his book. I have every lure he has mentioned in it and some of his personal lures right out of his tackle. Went to a sale after his passing and purchased a bunch. Got some real classics and some Hub-chubs that were for him to try and never meant to be sold in stores.I loved to watch ol Billy catch them ol brown fish on TV. I saw several of his deep water seminars at boat shows as well. It is good to know he still has folks after these lures.

I have found 2 of these baits in the package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I have found 2 of these baits in the package.
    Hey zx150. Long time since I've heard from you.

I have a buddy that bought the rights to spinrite and he's manufacturing them again.......

Anyone interested, I can PM you some info.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Hey zx150. Long time since I've heard from you.

I have a buddy that bought the rights to spinrite and he's manufacturing them again.......

Anyone interested, I can PM you some info.

Later,

Geo
    It has been a bit. All good here hope all is well with you.