Search Fishin.com

Thread: Divorce

Post Thanks / Like

Divorce

The subject title kind of grabs your attention doesn't it? Anyway, since there's been a couple of fella's here on this site break the divorce news to us I figured I'd give my two cents worth on the subject.

Divorce is or can be an ugly thing...but it's not the end of the world by any means. People grow old, some people mature differently than others, people grow apart...it is what it is.

Just be careful out there fella's, sometimes it can be harder to shake a fish off the hook than it was to catch it in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Divorce

Amen I have been through one and it was pretty much my idea. It was very very hard. Best advice I can give you get an attorney and keep your head.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the divorces here on fishin.com, one of my closest friends is getting one also. Married 28 years. I've known both him and her for over 30 years. It's rough on everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't wish that experience on anyone. It chicken-Mcsukks HARD. IMO....A good female lawyer is best to have in your corner. Alternate dependant tax deduction every other year and if she gets the house get a percentage of it when she sells it. It's fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Never been! Thought about it once after about 8 yrs of marriage. Talked to a family friend who was a lawyer. Sine I had two small children at the time, his advice. Bare with it! Hot tounge and cold shoulder is a mean diet and humble pie for desert isn't that great, but 15 yrs of child support, and medical bills are something to take a hard look at.That marriage lasted 28 yrs till she died, after 6 yrs of being paralized partially from a massive stroke.We had some great years after that thought of divorce, raised two great kids that she guideed through college. Second marriage was fine, but cancer interviened.What opened my eyes was when I talked to my mom about it, she said" what the hell makes you think you're such a great catch"? she said she wouldn't side with me, but with the wife and grandkids.I quit thinkinjg about myself and stuck with it.

onemorecast56 Guest

well I`m one of them,,but getting out pretty lite,,trying to walk away friends,,but that still remains to be seen,,but got my boat,bike,truck,dogs, all my tools and both family jewels..plus 40k cash to start over,,,so I figure i got off light. Any ladys out there want to help me fish up 40k and no chuck,,,you and Mark don`t count in your thongs!....LOL but think I`ve found me a place to live and work. Found a really nice apt over a 3 car garage,,all furniced..they fish too,,a elderly,,well older then me,,told me I could use it,,at the end of the street,,,noooooo body around close
    Don`t know what kinda drugs I was on thinking I could go north and make it,,better keep my butt here,,but still going north for a month. Just to clear my mind,,spread my dads ashes in Little Long lake in Ely like he asked,,I can`t leave you guys,,who would you all ride so hard and do your boats. But I think I might live,,plus I`d miss the river and all it`s rats,,you know who you are...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    well I`m one of them,,but getting out pretty lite,,trying to walk away friends,,but that still remains to be seen,,but got my boat,bike,truck,dogs, all my tools and both family jewels..plus 40k cash to start over,,,so I figure i got off light. Any ladys out there want to help me fish up 40k and no chuck,,,you and Mark don`t count in your thongs!....LOL but think I`ve found me a place to live and work. Found a really nice apt over a 3 car garage,,all furniced..they fish too,,a elderly,,well older then me,,told me I could use it,,at the end of the street,,,noooooo body around close
    Don`t know what kinda drugs I was on thinking I could go north and make it,,better keep my butt here,,but still going north for a month. Just to clear my mind,,spread my dads ashes in Little Long lake in Ely like he asked,,I can`t leave you guys,,who would you all ride so hard and do your boats. But I think I might live,,plus I`d miss the river and all it`s rats,,you know who you are...LOL
    Good to hear Doug, it's to dang cold that far north (sorry gills) unless you have someone to keep you warm The river wouldn't be the same with out you, all we would have is MSD to blame. Clear your head for a while and come hit the warm water discharges, and it's gettin to cold for thongs lol. Need anything give me a call. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Good to hear Doug, it's to dang cold that far north (sorry gills) unless you have someone to keep you warm The river wouldn't be the same with out you, all we would have is MSD to blame. Clear your head for a while and come hit the warm water discharges, and it's gettin to cold for thongs lol. Need anything give me a call. Chuck
    I don't know we could install a pole over there at Packer Perch and Chuck and I could dance on that baby. I can see the dollar bills flying right now, shake yo money maker, that's right, Wooooooooo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I don't know we could install a pole over there at Packer Perch and Chuck and I could dance on that baby. I can see the dollar bills flying right now, shake yo money maker, that's right, Wooooooooo.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    No offense brother but if u guys start doing the hustle or MC Hammer dance
    together your gonna have to turn in your man card!