Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PATOKA *****

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

PATOKA *****

that is all. this has been a public message paid for by the largemouth bass at patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PATOKA *****

There are other affiliates that will agree!

Post Thanks / Like

Tough fishing there for me this year . . .

Post Thanks / Like

according to others i saw at the ramp, i did excellent. and i caught 1 short fish

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard the crappie fishing hasn't been good either - still beautiful lake to fish and can be really good - not that I experienced the good this year . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 8 quarts of Crappie Fillets that disprove your statement that the crappie fishing is not very good at Patoka Lake. All were caught in deep water along the river channel.

You just have to know how and where to fish for the Patoka Lake Crappie.

I am lucky that I have a friend that fished Patoka almost every day all year long. We just got back from Patoka Lake and caught a few nice crappie today. But we mostly looked around the lake for brush piles using his side scanning sonar unit.

The lake is full of natural cover that crappie relate to. We found an old roadway with a concrete bridge in 25 ft of water and caught a really nice crappie off this structure. The wind was awful today sometimes gusting to 40 mph. Blowing steady at 15 to 20 mph all day long. We got tired of fighting the wind and tied up to a tree and still were catching crappie.

Minnows on a tight line or a jig cast out and allowed to sink down into deep water did the trick.

You can't just fish the shoreline for crappie and expect to bring home a limit like you would in April when most all the crappie are in shallow water ready to spawn. That's springtime crappie spawning fishing and it's not where the crappie spend their time during the winter and summer months.

Crappie were suspended over deep water today. We saw huge schools of fish and caught a few crappie out of some of these schools.

I looked at my friends Map View on his Humminbird 1197 that he purchased this spring. There is not one cove that he has not fished this year since he got his new depth Finder. You fish Patoka a lot and you will learn the lake and how to catch those crappie year round. But you have to work at it and not just go a few time and come home and proclaim that Patoka ______s because that's not true. It might be more appropriate to say that we didn't fish the Lake in the right place or the right way and that ____S. LOL

Don't give up as Patoka Lake is full of crappie. Perhaps there are too many crappie in this lake.

I think that what makes Patoka a hard lake to figure out for crappie is that it has TOO MUCH COVER. And I am talking about the underwater cover that you can't always see with the naked eye above the surface of the water.

Patoka is loaded with fish. And there are some big crappie swimming around Patoka Lake as well as the hoards of 9" and 10" fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSLT View Post
    From what I've heard the crappie fishing hasn't been good either - still beautiful lake to fish and can be really good - not that I experienced the good this year . . .

Post Thanks / Like

enough crappie jabber...what i meant to say is patoka ***** this fall...

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing on jerk baits even embry? I've been doing pretty well with just jerk baits and traps. But then again I think patoka ***** too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Nothing on jerk baits even embry? I've been doing pretty well with just jerk baits and traps. But then again I think patoka ***** too.
    i hate jerkbaits... i would almost rather go home than use one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    i hate jerkbaits... i would almost rather go home than use one
    Are you sure you're not yanking our chains? it's hard to believe you consistently don't do well there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Are you sure you're not yanking our chains? it's hard to believe you consistently don't do well there.
    i never said i dont consistently do well there. this fall hasnt been very friendly since the first of october though

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, Embrey is a "man of few words" LOL!!!!