Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

OSU President Gordan Gee sticks his foot in his mouth

Ohio State President Gordan Gee said that Boise State and TCU neither deserve to play in the national title game because the Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Pac 10 and other major confereces play "Murderous Row" schedule week in and week out. I guess Marshall (4-7, 3-4 in C-USA), Ohio (8-3, 6-1 in MAC) and Eastern Michigan (2-9, 2-5 in MAC) all on Ohio State's Schedule this year are Murderers.

Ohio State strength of schedule ranking #39 and Boise State is #50, out of 150 BCS Division schools. So OSU is in the top 26% and Boise State is in the top 33%. I personally would love to see Oregon and Auburn both take it on the chin and have a Boise State / TCU National Title Game. I am not saying in no stretch of the imagination that the WAC - Boise State or MWC - TCU conferences are on par with the major conferences across the United States. But both teams have played the schedules they had and have ran the table. Personally, never liked the BCS and never will, and maybe a Boise State / TCU National Title game is just what the doctor ordered to get some sort of playoff. I would be happy to see 1 game added to the end of the Bowl Games called the National Title Game. For instance, this year if Oregon, Auburn, Boise State and TCU win out and that is the final BCS standings then pretty easy, 4 undefeated teams, make sure Oregon plays TCU in a Bowl Game and Auburn and Boise State play in another Bowl Game. After all the Bowl Games are done pretty easy add 1 game winner versus winner and you end up with 1 undefeated team that beat 2 of the other 3 undefeated teams at the end, National Champs hands down. You just added 1 game to the schedule and take the $15 Million or so each team will get and divide it equally down the middle for every team in their respective conference.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OSU President Gordan Gee sticks his foot in his mouth

Amen brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Ohio state even play a conference championship game? Or do they go by the best win loss finish? I was thinking they don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Does Ohio state even play a conference championship game? Or do they go by the best win loss finish? I was thinking they don't.
    The Big Ten does not have seperate division and therefore no season ending championship. Basically the best team in the conference is the champion. In a normal year if 2 teams finish tied for first then the heads up winner is the first tiebreaker. This year with Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State all tied with 1 loss after this weekend games if they are all 3 still tied then the team rated higher in the BCS poll gets the nod as Conference Champ.