Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Laws about boat parking

I would check the rules. Your county magistrate should be able to tell you if there are and county restrictions. If there are restrictions in place by a Home Owners Ass. enforcement would be the responsability of the Home Owners Ass. no the county.

So If the rule is broken you may get a letter frome your Home Owners Ass. and they would inform you of the rule. Then you would know for sure if it is allowed in your neighborhood. I would just play ignorant as far as a rule in a HOA.

If it is a county regulation that is defferent. Your magistrate should know if there is a restriction in place. If there is (like Franklin County) he may tell you what is allowed (parking on side, in back, etc.). If there is no restriction I would then tell her that she is wrong and to stop her harassment.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Laws about boat parking

My wife told me the same way about parking a boat trailer in our driveway

Just kidding. It's a woman thing. If you can park it out of sight, I would try to figure out something to make the neighbor happy. If you are married, your wife may agree with her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    my wife is an animal lover to the max...until the day a cat walked all over her car. i watched her point blank shoot it in the face with a 12 gauge...TWICE

Lawseemercy ...............Embry..........I cant stop laughing , sounds like you could have your own reality show around your house......Id watch for sure.....Funny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing none of you guys live out in the country. I have three barn/garage cats. If it were not for those cats I would be overrun with mice. Blacky is the best mouser of the bunch, brings me 3 or 4 a month in the winter.

Field mice can really cause damage in your house, from chewing furniture to burning down the house by chewing electrical wire.

Decon and traps don't control them when it's 10 deg out and they start coming in.

Ever see what mice can do to a boat seat? It's not good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    Good thing none of you guys live out in the country. I have three barn/garage cats. If it were not for those cats I would be overrun with mice. Blacky is the best mouser of the bunch, brings me 3 or 4 a month in the winter.

Field mice can really cause damage in your house, from chewing furniture to burning down the house by chewing electrical wire.

Decon and traps don't control them when it's 10 deg out and they start coming in.

Ever see what mice can do to a boat seat? It's not good.
    i live in the country...still hate cats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    I would check the rules. Your county magistrate should be able to tell you if there are and county restrictions. If there are restrictions in place by a Home Owners Ass. enforcement would be the responsability of the Home Owners Ass. no the county.

So If the rule is broken you may get a letter frome your Home Owners Ass. and they would inform you of the rule. Then you would know for sure if it is allowed in your neighborhood. I would just play ignorant as far as a rule in a HOA.

If it is a county regulation that is defferent. Your magistrate should know if there is a restriction in place. If there is (like Franklin County) he may tell you what is allowed (parking on side, in back, etc.). If there is no restriction I would then tell her that she is wrong and to stop her harassment.
    Thanks bro. Best response yet. I have a house with a single car driveway that goes beside my house to a car and a half garage. My side door has two steps that stick out far enough I can't back my boat past the steps. So I have it as far back as I can get it. Just got a call back from the county clerks......No Restrictions. So she can eat it!!!!!!! If she continues the skunk pee idea sounds Gggggreat! Lol. Who said this site wasn't resourceful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mybentrod View Post
    Thanks bro. Best response yet. I have a house with a single car driveway that goes beside my house to a car and a half garage. My side door has two steps that stick out far enough I can't back my boat past the steps. So I have it as far back as I can get it. Just got a call back from the county clerks......No Restrictions. So she can eat it!!!!!!! If she continues the skunk pee idea sounds Gggggreat! Lol. Who said this site wasn't resourceful.
    my neighbor once put a whole skunk under my buddys toolbox in his barn. then called him at 5 am to have him get his jumper cables from his toolbox . he got a call RIGHT back

Post Thanks / Like

my neighbor once put a whole skunk under my buddys toolbox in his barn. then called him at 5 am to have him get his jumper cables from his toolbox . he got a call RIGHT back
    That's a friend I'm glad I haven't made yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey publican57 i live in Tompkinsville,Ky 29 miles Southeast of Barren River Lake and 24 miles Northwest of Dale Hollow Lake. Down here our boats sit in the garage before the womans car does and they dont care if we park them cross cornered in the front yard,in front of her favorite rose bush,with a 100 ft extension cord running to the on board charger that cost $200 that was bought for her man on Valentines Day. I guess what im trying to say is that our women down here would kick the snot out of there neighbor " man or woman" if they messed with our boats. In short order, our ladys know you dont mess with a mans boat because its our mistress on wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mybentrod View Post
    Can she do that? Does anyone know of anyone who has had the same issues?
    I don't know of a city ordinance that addresses that, so it may be a Home Owner's Association rule.

Click here for city ordinances about your property:
    http://www.louisvilleky.gov/ipl/Prop...ter156.htm#052

I would not go off the deep end over the issue - I would talk with the neighbor and discuss the issue and find out what her real problem is with your boat in the driveway. You're better off to try and compromise with the person who has the issue than to fight it. It's the whole catch more flies with honey kind of deal. I'm sure if you look around the neighbor's yard, you probably could find some infractions that you could report as well...but nothing good comes from playing that game. If building a fence gets her off your back, that would be far cheaper than building a garage or paying a storage building fee.

I live in an area of Louisville that is under HOA regulations. I am on good terms with my neighbors. They don't care what I do, and I don't care what they do - it's just a friendly mutual understanding. I've had multiple boats in the back yard in the grass for months at a time, and no one has said anything. There are also others in the neighborhood that have blatant violations, but aren't made into a big deal by surrounding neighbors so they get away with it.

I would recommend that you try and get involved with the local HOA. So many people have little interest in it that you can make major changes that go unnoticed, like repealing the boat in your driveway rule, or at least amending it. Junky little uncovered eyesore jon boats and the monster cabin cruisers that block out the sun are the reason for the rule - I wouldn't want to see those in the neighborhood, but have no problem with covered 18 - 22 ft boats sitting in the drive.

HOAs are all about maintaining the integrity of the neighborhood and keeping property values up. They are a safety net to keep the trash out, or at least suppress them if they get in. They do far more than you probably realize, and are a good thing. My HOA membership fee of $25 per year keeps the street lights on at night, and the roads plowed during the winter snow storms. When I bought my home, HOA membership was a requirement, and I considered that a bonus and added value. It's a valuable tool, if you choose to embrace it and play by the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I don't know of a city ordinance that addresses that, so it may be a Home Owner's Association rule.

Click here for city ordinances about your property:
    http://www.louisvilleky.gov/ipl/Prop...ter156.htm#052

I would not go off the deep end over the issue - I would talk with the neighbor and discuss the issue and find out what her real problem is with your boat in the driveway. You're better off to try and compromise with the person who has the issue than to fight it. It's the whole catch more flies with honey kind of deal. I'm sure if you look around the neighbor's yard, you probably could find some infractions that you could report as well...but nothing good comes from playing that game. If building a fence gets her off your back, that would be far cheaper than building a garage or paying a storage building fee.

I live in an area of Louisville that is under HOA regulations. I am on good terms with my neighbors. They don't care what I do, and I don't care what they do - it's just a friendly mutual understanding. I've had multiple boats in the back yard in the grass for months at a time, and no one has said anything. There are also others in the neighborhood that have blatant violations, but aren't made into a big deal by surrounding neighbors so they get away with it.

I would recommend that you try and get involved with the local HOA. So many people have little interest in it that you can make major changes that go unnoticed, like repealing the boat in your driveway rule, or at least amending it. Junky little uncovered eyesore jon boats and the monster cabin cruisers that block out the sun are the reason for the rule - I wouldn't want to see those in the neighborhood, but have no problem with covered 18 - 22 ft boats sitting in the drive.

HOAs are all about maintaining the integrity of the neighborhood and keeping property values up. They are a safety net to keep the trash out, or at least suppress them if they get in. They do far more than you probably realize, and are a good thing. My HOA membership fee of $25 per year keeps the street lights on at night, and the roads plowed during the winter snow storms. When I bought my home, HOA membership was a requirement, and I considered that a bonus and added value. It's a valuable tool, if you choose to embrace it and play by the rules.
    or, heres a thought. if you wanna while and cry about everybody elses stuff, dont live in a neighborhood! lol

Post Thanks / Like

my wife is an animal lover to the max...until the day a cat walked all over her car. i watched her point blank shoot it in the face with a 12 gauge...TWICE
    Did you get that on video?