Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elnut update

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elnut update

Good Luck at the SmallJaw... hope you win it for Woody...

Post Thanks / Like

I was starting to get discouraged with how things are going in my life here lately, then I read about this. Sure makes my problems seem small compared to what Elnut is dealing with.

Hang in there Elnut, you are an inspiration to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Rich,
    On here, reading the posts to Woody. Vancomyacin is supposed to be a great antibiotic for MRSA...Only problem is Woody is allergic to it. Cannot take it. LOL You would not expect any less, would you?
    Have a great evening,
    Krista and Woody Lumpkins
    Mrs. lumpkins-
    That is to bad, it really is an amazing antibiotic for MRSA, along with a host of other tough bacteria. I would imagine they will cover him with an array of other IV antibiotics in hopes that they will take care of it....perhaps levaquin, zyvox, or flagyl? I hope the treatment works, that MRSA is tough stuff! And once diagnosed, he can plan on always being placed in contact isolation for the rest of his future hospital visits. I've worked around it for so many years, I'm sure I'm carrying it. Hard to work in the healthcare field and not be exposed to it on a daily basis. God bless.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Our prayers are with you Elwood

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there AGAIN!.....Talk to you soon....

BIlly

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs. Lumpkins here -
    I, first, want to thank John Robertson for his diligence in staying with Woody until he left Dale Hollow, and then, to Mark Bell and Allen for saving me and Josh a trip to Dale to pack up his clothes and the Explorer. That could have been accomplished, as Mike was more than willing to drive me there. The generosity that is shown to us is overwhelming, and I cannot thank you all enough for doing things to make these setbacks as easy as you can.
    Woody is not showing a lot of improvement at this point. It is concerning that he is not responding well to the antibiotics and continues to feel as bad as he is, seven days out from surgery. By now, he typically is showing some turn for the better, even though it may be small. The doctors appear to be at a loss on how to turn this around. They have now put a wound vac on, in efforts to promote healing, and to save him from the terrible pain of packing his wound. He struggles to manage his pain, since he has developed such a great intolerance to pain medication. The amount of medication it takes for him to achieve a decrease in the intensity is staggering. Any one of us taking that much medication would be having respiratory issues and unable to move, yet he gets up and walks after he takes it. I know I am rambling on... The point is we appreciate the people on this board. You all are a huge sense of support to him, and thus, to me as well. He is low, and feeling defeated, so if you are in Lex and want to stop by and talk fishing with him, please do. Staring at those walls all day while I am at work, and only talking to Josh on the phone is taking its toll. Prayers for improvement, and lighter spirits are also needed. Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts. Blessings to you and yours. Krista Lumpkins

Post Thanks / Like

He is my rock. Whenever I'm down ( and I have been lately) I listen to my head. He talked to me a couple pf weeks ago and offered some advice to what I'm going through. Whenever I even think about doing something stupid. I hear that voice that always starts out," Dude."...
    Please fight hard Elwood as we will pray. We are all consumed at times with our own lives. But I'm sure as a smallmouth is brown, that you cross all our minds. You inspire a lot of folks. I miss being in the back of your boat....

Get well Buddy...

Billy
    859-457-0772...new number..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Rich,
    On here, reading the posts to Woody. Vancomyacin is supposed to be a great antibiotic for MRSA...Only problem is Woody is allergic to it. Cannot take it. LOL You would not expect any less, would you?
    Have a great evening,
    Krista and Woody Lumpkins
    I wish Woody could catch a break, my prayers are wth you guys.
    That Vanco is some bad stuff, but it causes redman syndrom. Not many people can take it.
    Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

Been out of town, just read this , very sad, Elnut , hang in there, prayers sent up for a speedy and full recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

I am home and LIFE *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well let me be the first to say that I'm happy you are home, we missed your posting, and maybe being home will help you feel better. Best Wishes