Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

surgical gloves warm

Fished nolin river looking for walleye today needless to say was skunked, just thought I'd let you know I wore surgical gloves under a pair of jerseys and hands stayed warm all day. Did go through a few pair of the surgical gloves but brought some spairs. Try it you'll like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: surgical gloves warm

Are they latex gloves? Or are surgical gloves different? If they are latex gloves, my hands would sweat too much and end up getting cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Are they latex gloves? Or are surgical gloves different? If they are latex gloves, my hands would sweat too much and end up getting cold.
    Don't know guess I could check the box. Sweat was't an issue with them today though.

Post Thanks / Like

In high school, we would wear latex gloves under our thin football gloves during cold practices. Our hands would sweat but didn't get that cold because no wind could cut through the gloves.

Post Thanks / Like

One that they will do for you is keep cold wind and water from your reel off your hands a fingers. That alone makes them worth it. I just got back from Lake Cumberland and my hands and fingers stayed dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I have in my possesion a couple "free samples" of Dura Flock by microflex they are Nitrile gloves with just barely a liner - to me just like a lined surgical glove:

http://www.microflex.com/Products/DFK-608.aspx

They're non latex and I'll be trying them out shortly. I got mine from NAPA

Post Thanks / Like

I wear them at work some and they will certainly make your hands sweat....but after being on dale in the snow all day sunday and my hands getting wet and freezing I'm going to give it a try....can't hurt anything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post
    I have in my possesion a couple "free samples" of Dura Flock by microflex they are Nitrile gloves with just barely a liner - to me just like a lined surgical glove:

http://www.microflex.com/Products/DFK-608.aspx

They're non latex and I'll be trying them out shortly. I got mine from NAPA
    That is exactly what they are. All surgical gloves today are nitrile gloves due to latex allergies. I have an unlimited supply of these gloves workin in the medical transportation field. I can say that these really are very warm with one exception. If you touch anything cold (water, metal, anything) the heat conducts straight through. We have to fuel our own aircraft when we fly at night, and we started wearing these gloves to keep that nasty jet fuel off our hands. We soon discovered that as long as we werent the one actually holding the freezin cold nozzle, our hands stayed pretty warm even in windchills in th teens...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. True surgical gloves come packaged by the pair because they are sterile and they are sized like size 7, size 7.5, size 8 and so on. Exam gloves come loose in a box of 100 and are sized by small, medium and large and are not sterile. Exam gloves are much more loose fitting than surgical gloves. Exam gloves cost about $5 per box of 50 pair and surgical gloves cost about $1 per pair. I am thinking that you are talking about exam gloves. I just wanted to get it straight in my mind as to what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Apply a small amount of lotion to the hands before putting the gloves on, this will help keep them warm.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like using them to clean fish ...call me a wuss .But my Dad had a Canada trip canceled when a guy cleaned a walleye then stabbed himself with the fillet knife and didn't wash it good ..When he woke up the next day his was swollen twice the size ...they managed to get him to a hospital and it was serious they kept him for 2 days .It could have been worse .Fish slime it toxic to the bloodstream

Post Thanks / Like

Heres another idea to keep your hands warm and works fantastic. Get some of those small heat packs you shake to create heat. Slip one in each glove on top of the hand, keeps the blood vessels warm,dialated and pumping. Works great and are not in the way at all, be sure to use the small ones.