Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

correction exam gloves work in cold

I called them surgical gloves, but as some one pointed out these gloves are actually exam gloves. Cut me some slack I'm an electrician. Tested them the past three nites on the cumberland river. Myself and two buddies at the dam from around 7 pm to 10 pm. Temps were in the high to low teens and with these gloves as a liner my fingers never got to the point of numness. A bit chilly, but not froze. As far as the fishin really good! We weren't the only ones out there as we recieve a visit from the local game warden around 8:30 pm one nite. That's what we pay them for.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: correction exam gloves work in cold

I bought some surgical gloves today and intend on using them tomorrow and saturday on Barren. I've never tried them before, but read several posts about how affective they are as a glove liner, so we'll see tomorrow. A game warden at 8:30 pm on wintery weekday evening???? Never would have thought that!! Did you catch anything???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    I bought some surgical gloves today and intend on using them tomorrow and saturday on Barren. I've never tried them before, but read several posts about how affective they are as a glove liner, so we'll see tomorrow. A game warden at 8:30 pm on wintery weekday evening???? Never would have thought that!! Did you catch anything???
    Give the gloves a chance I did get some chill but thats all. Wore them under jersey gloves. Yeah haven't fished fished cr from bank much and we landed 7 walleye and about 8 rainbow's over two nites fishing. We work 10 hour days and Its 7 to 7:30 pm before we get there so we only have a couple or so hours to fish. Beats sitting around a motel for sure. walleye came from as close to the dam as we could get. Rappalas and penn minnows. Trout on berkley power bait. Not bad fishin for dec. I love the high and fast flow of the cr.

Post Thanks / Like

put just a thin layer of vaseline on your hands before you put the exam gloves on and it will get rid of that chill you're talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpage70 View Post
    put just a thin layer of vaseline on your hands before you put the exam gloves on and it will get rid of that chill you're talking about.
    I did grease the ol' hands up pretty good with hand lotion before heading out.

Post Thanks / Like

try wearing them out side of your gloves. As a butcher I wear cheap cotton knit gloves with plastic exam gloves on the outside. Every now and then they tear and I just put on a new one. I can buy a box of a hundred gloves for under $10 bucks. It keeps my hands warm and dry all day

Post Thanks / Like

Exam gloves huh....I have an endless supply of those...maybe I need to get into the exam glove selling business. Who's up for a box...I'll take cbs and buzzes for payment!

-Rich